Chapter 5: Hang out time

Truth or dare, Lapis' worst enemy, (other than Jasper) had to always show up in the worst places. This game always seemed to be against Lapis, and so she always refused to play. But this was different, Peridot wanted to play so bad, and she was making the cutest puppy dog eyes that she just couldn't resist.
"Fine." Lapis grumbled while taking a seat on the bed next to a giant green alien with a bow tie and a top hat.
"Yay! Truth or dare Lapis?" Peridot said with a toothy grin.
"Dare." Lapis said with no emotion.
Peridot thought of a good dare for a moment, then in a challenging voice said, "I dare you to go to the window, open it, and shout, Peridot is my best friend!"
Lapis grumbled and sighed, went to the window, opened it, and hesitated to shout the words. She looked back at Peridot and said, "I'm only doing this because you dared me to!" Peridot giggled and waited for Lapis to complete the dare.
Lapis turned back to the window and shouted, "PERIDOT IS MY BEST FRIEND!" she shouted it really fast. She turned back to see Peridot smiling like huge dork, and she started to blush. She grumbled again and said, "Truth or dare!"
"Truth!" Peridot said with a smile. Why was she always smiling??
"Darn, ok. I had a perfect dare too..." lapis mumbled to herself.  "Fine, who really is your best friend?"
"Oh...um... I-I'm not sure." Peridot said as her smile faded away. This made Lapis feel sad for the Peridot. "I mean I have Amythst, Pearl, and Garnet, but I wouldn't really say any of them are my best friend..." Peridot said with a sigh. But her smile came back and chirped, "Ok your turn! Truth or dare?"
"Truth I guess?" Lapis shrugged.
"Ok! Do you have a crush on anyone???" Peridot said with a huge smirk on her face.
Lapis' sort-of smile fadded.  "Really? That's the question you ask me? You do realize that I just got out of an abusive relationship with Jasper right?" Lapis was now standing over Peridot with a terrifying look on her face.
Peridot scrunched up into a little ball as Lapis inched a little closer.
"OK LET'S DO SOMETHING ELSE!!" Peridot squaked while getting up and turning on her X-box.
"We don't have to stop playing you know. I just didn't think your question was very good." Said Lapis while placing a hand on Peridot's shoulder. This made Peridot tingle inside.
"Umm... ok, then it's your turn again." Peridot said while turning the X-box off again.
"Truth or dare?" Lapis asked.
"Umm... didn't you say you had a perfect dare for me?" Peridot shrugged. Lapis nodded. "Ok, then dare."
Lapis grew an evil look on her face. "I dare you to-" Lapis was cut off by a shout from the window.
"YO P-DOT!" It was Amythst.
Both girls went to the window to see the chubby girl that had brown hair with purple tips.
"What are you doing down there?" Peridot shouted down.
"Just checking on you and your girlfriend!" The purple tipped girl responded with a huge smirk on her face.
"She is not my girlfriend! And you don't have to shout that you know!" Peridot said while her face grew dark red and her arms folded.
"I was just joking! Jeez! I just wanted to see if I could come up!" Amythst shouted back.
"Fine! Whatever! Did you bring any snacks?" Peridot was starting to feel hungry.
"No, why would I?" Amy yelled as she flipped her pockets of her shorts inside out, as if to show she wasn't lying. She made her way to the door and was greeted by the short blonde and the tall bluenette. They all went back to Peridot's room and sat down.
"So what were you two doing before I interrupted?" She asked whhile nudging Peridot with her elbow.
"If you're asking if we were making out or something before you got here, you're wrong." Peridot grumbled.
"Oh no! Why how could I, Amythst be implying that through my question?" She said while placing her arms in a dramatic pose.
"We were just playing truth or dare." Lapis mumbled.
"Oooooo! I like that game!" Amythst exclamied.
"Must you always be so darn inappropriate?" Peridot asked with an agitated look on her face.
"Hey, um... I think I'm going to head back to my house, my mom's probably furious that I'm not back by now." Lapis said standing up and grabbing her things.
"Great, you drove my guest away! This why you are the only person who wants to be around me!" Peridot said to Amythst. She turned to Lapis. "Well if you're going go this late," she looked at her watch, 4:30.  jeez, how does time fly so fast?. "I might as well walk you there."
"Um... I'm pretty sure I can walk by myself, but thanks." Lapis said as sge started walking out of the door.
"Do you know how to get there from here?" Peridot shouted as Lapis walked out of the front door.
"Dude I have a gps!" Lapis shouted back.
"Oh ok...Well... bye!" Peridot said while waving. All she got back was a wave.
"Well you seem like you really like her!" Amythst said with a smirk.
Peridot blushed and said, "Oh shut up!"
"OMG YOU'RE BLUSHING! YOU DO LIKE HER! I KNEW IT!" Amythst exclamied.
"I DO NOT!" Peridot said, her blush growing even darker. They both went in cat fighting and laughing, and hung out for an hour before Amythst went home.
Peridot sat on her bed and thought about Lapis. Huh, maybe I do like her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry It's been so long since I've updated, school just came back and it's been a little hectic! I hope you like this chapter, it's a little longer than the others but I thought that it would be nice! I'll be sure to update soon! 😊😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~