Sumthin, Sumthin

Skylar hopped out the shower feeling the cool breeze from the air conditioner booming through her apartment vents. Goosebumps quickly formed on her skin as she grabbed her towel from the wooden rack and wrapped it around her body. She took off her shower cap and hung it up onto the hook on the wall before walking out seeing Bryan, her boyfriend of three years getting dress, ready for work in their bedroom.

She walked past him and headed to her closet looking for something to wear for the day. "What you doing today?" He questioned putting on his gold diamond watch.

"I'm off today so I decide to have lunch with my mother and sister and then probably go see my father"

"You going to stop by my office"

"I don't know maybe"

"I wasn't asking"

Skylar turned around and faced Bryan admiring his brown hair, blues eyes, and rose colored cheeks. "Yeah I can do that" she smiled avoiding an argument. He returned the gesture and grabbed his jacket to his suit and threw it on.

"Alright I'm out of here love you" he said checking himself out in the mirror making sure he looked perfect to impress her dad. He walked over to her and pecked her lips.

"Yeah you too" she gave him a half smile watching him walk out their bedroom door before going back to her clothes. She settled with a gray midi skirt with a white tank top and nude pink Adidas to top it off. The weather was starting to get warmer in Philly so she was excited, not because she can now wear skirts and tanks but because her new summer collection was launching next month.

Ever since she was young owning her own fashion line company was her dream and at the age of twenty three, right after she finished college and with the help of her father, her dreams finally came true. She now owned her own fashion line, Jewels Inc.

She threw her hair into a high pony tail and grabbed her bag before heading out her room going to the living room. She cleaned up the little bit of dishes Bryan left in the sink before grabbing her cars keys to her all white Lexus and her bag making sure she got everything she needed. Skylar locked up her apartment and headed to the elevator going to the main lobby.

"Bye George" she waved to the concierge at the front desk. He waved backed watching her walk out into the parking lot.

*****

"Hello sorry I'm late traffic" Skylar greeted her mother, Camilla, and little sister, Princess.

"It's alright we were just talking about you" her mother smiled sipping her tea.

"I hope good things" Skylar giggled.

"Something like that" her mother shot back.

Skylar rolled her eyes on the low and made eye contact with a light skin man she found very attractive from across the room who was talking to another guy dressed in all black. His chinky eyes and thick pink full lips stood out to her and every time he spoke she saw his gold grill on his bottom row of teeth.

Oh my gosh, his grill, she thought to herself.

"How is Bryan?" Her mother smiled getting her attention.

"He is still awesome just the other day he uh" She stopped talking when she saw the two men exchanged an envelope under the table. "He uh just got a promotion I'm pretty sure you heard" she smiled going back to their conversation.