Extra Information

The Bill of Life

The Second Civil War, also known as "The Heartland War," was a long and bloody conflict fought over a single issue. To end the war, a set of constitutional amendments known as "The Bill of Life" was passed. It satisfied both the Pro-life and Pro-choice armies. The Bill of Life states that human life may not be touched from the moment of conception until a child reaches the age of thirteen. However, between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, a parent may choose to retroactively "abort" a child... On the condition that the child's life doesn't "technically" end. The process by which a child is both terminated and yet kept alive is called "unwinding." Unwinding is now a common, and accepted practice in society.

Unwinding

Unwinding, also called harvesting or summary division, is the process of dissecting a child's body parts to be transplanted into different recipients. To some, unwinding became what is considered the substitute for abortion, wherein instead of the abortion of an unborn child, the parents may choose to retroactively abort, in this case "unwind", their child at any age from thirteen to eighteen. With this concept is the belief that life doesn't technically end because the unwound child's body parts would still live on with the recipient/s. They call this the divided state. There are, however, some ways or conditions to avoid and become exempted from Unwinding. Being pregnant can save an Unwind from being Unwound for nine months. Unwinding a severely injured or disabled person is also against the law.

National Juvenile Authority

An organization in charge of juvenile cases, mainly Unwinds or other troubled teens. Juvey-cops and Juvey-rounders work under this organization.

Proactive Citizenry

An organization that campaigns pro-unwinding, originally founded by Janson Rheinschild to ensure that there will be no abuse to the methods of unwinding.

Harvest camps

Harvest camps, also called Unwinding facilities and the Chop Shop among unwinds, are licensed clinics or facilities in which unwinds are prepared for being unwound. While each facility has it's own personality, they are all designed to provide a positive experience for youth designated for unwinding.

Parts Pirates

Parts pirates are bounty hunters of human flesh, illegally catching AWOLs and selling them on the black market. Parts pirates are notorious for setting up desperate yet very dangerous traps.

Clappers

Clappers are "young terrorists" whose blood have been pumped with a chemical close in composition to triglycerides that makes them explosive. They get their names because they blow themselves up by bringing their hands together in powerful applause. While some explode with the sheer force of their clap, others need detonators, which look like Band-Aids, to activate the explosion. Clappers can not be unwound because of the explosive chemicals in their systems.

AWOLs

AWOL, a military term which means "Absence Without Leave", is a term used for runaway unwinds, who run away before they can be taken to harvest camps.

Divisional Risks

These are teens with a history of delinquent behavior, but whose parents, for whatever reason, have declined to sign an unwind order. They must be treated as any other citizen and may be tranq'd only in self defense.

Ferals

Incorrigible teenagers who have left home and have gone "feral" still have the rights of any other citizen. Ferals who prove themselves violent may be tranq'd with just cause. The feral may be taken to detention centers until parents can be notified, or until the law changes and allows their unwinding without parental consent.

Tithes

Children who are given to be unwound as a contribution to a religious organization. Basically tithe families give one or more of their children to be unwound at the age of thirteen. Tithes are usually willing to be unwound.

Storks

Stork is the colloquial term for children who are left on doorsteps as babies. This is legal because of the Stork initiative.

(In this role-play your characters will be unwinds/AWOLs/ferals.)

If anyone is confused about this role-play, just pm me and I'll explain it better.