Am I Wrong?

DAN'S POV

"We've been chasing an unknown figure for an hour now! Face it, we lost them!" Joey puffs out.

"Does it look like I give a shit? This person is out for us, out for Arabella. We need to find the person and kill them," I continue to walk, slicing away unnecessary leaves with my knife.

"Shouldn't we check if Arabella is okay?" Joey questions.

"She's fine. Don't doubt me," I sigh, but in all honesty that was directed towards myself. I can always try to doubt Arabella's safety, but I'd rather not for the sake of my mental being.

"Aren't you afraid?" Joey asks me.

I shrug my shoulders, "afraid of what?"

"Aren't you afraid that after all this is over, all of us will be thrown in jail. You escaped a mental institution with your best friend, using Arabella and Jill as your accessories. How can you possibly live a normal life after this?" He asks.

I shake my head. He was right, but that was going to stop me from trying. Ever since I stepped out of West Ham, my goal has changed. All I ever wanted was freedom for Phil and I. Now I was to protect Arabella, my new family.

"My life won't ever be normal, but normal is boring. My life is anything but boring, it's insane," I stop walking.

"And Arabella? You like her don't you?" He asks.

"If I answer this will you hop off my dick and help out again?" I grunt.

Joey responds with a nod. I ruffle my hobbit hair, "yeah, I do like Arabella. So what if I have strong feelings for her?"

Joey presses his lips together, walking in front of me leading the way. After hunting for longer we still haven't came across anything or anyone.

"The sun is coming out, we should head back and try again later," I sigh.

"Wait, where's the trail..." Joey looks behind us.

Fuck. We forgot to make a trail.

"Are we fucking lost...?" I stay frozen.

"Wait a minute... Dan?" Joey calls out.

"Yes Joseph?" I answer.

"Jill said she heard footsteps and assumed it was you and Arabella, am I wrong?" He asks.

"No no, you're right. Why you ask?" I raise a brow.

"How did she know you and Arabella left the camping spot if she was asleep prior? How could she possibly know this is the direction of the attacker if she was being held down, stopping the bleeding...?" Joey speaks slowly.

Our eyes widen and we scream out Arabella's name. We run behind us, attempting to head back to our spot by memory.

"ARABELLA!!" We yell in unison while running around like lost puppies.

We were caught in a trap.

A/N: Two chapters in one day. Who's up for a third?