02- Detention

A/N: I wasn't going to update this soon, but its Christmas break, I'm excited for this book, and I'm watching the Parent Trap so I'm feeling peppy. Lets get to it! Edit: I'm not entirely sure whats happening with MTV at the moment, but this entire day it's been running amazing movies. It started with the Princess Diaries, then the Parent Trap, and now, in the middle of my writing, MTV has started playing Mean Girls. Perfect.

Disclaimer: I do not own this beautiful show, all rights and reserves go to Jeff Davis, and I am merely manipulating the plot for my own desires.

Raven sauntered into her chemistry class, promptly at 3 o'clock, as listed on her pink detention slip she had received from the devil himself, Mr. Harris after the bell had rang signaling the end of Chemistry, earlier in the day.

She walked in silently, so quietly that Mr. Harris didn't notice, and she took a seat in the middle of the rows of seats. Her long chocolate hair curled around her shoulders as she took her detention slip, and she folded it intricately until it resembled an airplane. She then proceeded to throw the airplane through the air with a flick of her wrist, just as the slightly spastic boy she had gotten in trouble with that morning walked through the door.

The pink origami plane had hit it's target right on the mark, as Raven had aimed strictly for Stilinski's forehead. The very tip of the plane crumpled slightly as it hit it's target, and a quiet chuckle escaped the girls mouth when the boy slapped his forehead in a late reaction, a loud gasp leaving his lips as his limbs involuntarily shot out and knocked into Satan's back.

The red demon turned around slowly, as if he was in slow motion, and his eyebrows furrowed so far beyond the rim of his glasses that they seemingly disappeared. "Mr. Stilinski... It is the beginning of the second semester, and you have already made me want to bring a gun to school. Congratulations." Mr. Harris spat, little flecks of spit landing in various spots on Stilinski's face. "Sit down!" He yelled, wiping his chin from the spit that had foamed out of his mouth from anger.

Raven tried as hard as she possibly could to not laugh at the site. Stilinski had looked like a deer caught in headlights, and Mr. Harris looked like a rabid dog who just saw a squirrel. Her hands clapped together in delight as Stilinski practically ran over to the seat in front of her, and sat down with his head in his hands.

Mr. Harris began to drone on and on about the rules of detention, and Raven zoned out almost immediately, instead focusing on the moles on the back of Stilinski's neck. She began to poke them, the boy in front of her jumping in his seat as she traced them absentmindedly. He finally began to relax, the tension leaving his shoulders as he began to read to pass the time of detention.

Five minutes in, Raven noticed that he couldn't keep still if it killed him. Whether it be a tap of his foot, or his hands running over the top of his short hair, he couldn't sit for more than 2 minutes without moving. Raven was the opposite of the boy in front of her in that sense, her body able to still for as long as she wanted. She enjoyed the stillness, and the constant tapping of Stilinski's foot on the edge of his table leg was driving her insane.

Luckily for both of them, Harris declared detention over with before Raven decided to stomp on the other boy's foot for continuing to move. Stilinski shot up, and he would've ran out the door if Harris hadn't stopped him and brought him into a hushed conversation before he could.

Raven, on the other hand, slowly got out of her seat, yawning as she stretched out of her seat, her shirt riding up a little as she pulled her arms over her head. She finally stopped, and she walked past Harris and Stilinski, straight out the door, even though Harris was calling after her.

She finally stepped outside, and she stood there for a moment, soaking in the sun, before the doors opened again and Stilinski popped out of the door, slightly out of breath. "Oh.. Hey." He blinked, slightly expecting the mysterious new girl to already be gone when he got outside.

"Hey.. Do you have a first name, by the way?" Raven asked abruptly, her head tilting to the right a little as she inquired. "It's just.. I keep calling you Buzz Cut or Stilinski in my head, I need something less formal to call you if we're gonna be detention buddies." She continued, smirking slightly at the end of her sentence.

Stilinski's eyes widened as he spluttered, "Uh yeah I've got a name, was born with it actu-actually." He said, and his eyes grew wider even more, if possible, as he whispered to himself, 'stupid idiot, "was born with it" stupid stupid stupid'. He kept continuing on, until Raven decided to put him out of his misery and interrupt his self loathing session.

"Soooo... What is it?" She prompted, and he looked back up at her, pausing his whispering.

"O-Oh um.. it's Stiles." Stiles answered, causing Raven to let out a tiny snort.

"What?" He asked her, slightly offended. "Nothing.." She laughed, lifting a hand to cover her mouth as she let out another giggle. "It's just.. Stiles Stilinski? How did your parents come up with that?"

He sighed in relief, now knowing that she wasn't making fun of him, only his name. "Well, its not exactly my first name, it's a nickname I use because my first name is disgustingly hard to pronounce. Hell, I can barely spell it and it's been my name for 16 years." He continued on, slightly rambling as she nodded in understanding.

"Oh, well.. Someday I'm going to find out your real name, mark my words Stilinski." She promised, walking backwards towards the parking lot. "Good luck! I have that secret under lock and key, and I'm never telling you!" He yelled as she got farther and farther down the parking lot, still walking backwards as he stayed on the steps to the entrance of Beacon Hills High.

"W-Wait! I don't know your first name!" He called as the realization hit him that he had only heard her be called Cadwell or Ms. Cadwell.

She didn't answer him, instead she climbed into her car, and she started her engine. Stiles deflated slightly, his face falling as the mystery girl backed out of her parking space.

Raven smirked to herself, rolling slowly through the parking lot, as she stopped right in front of the entrance and yelled, "It's Raven!" Before she continued on, and pulled out of the parking lot and around the corner.

Stiles smiled to himself as she pulled away, the only word on his mind being, Raven.

(1185 words)