The First Meet

"Where's the nearest bus stop?!?" A guy asked sharply, grabbing my arm a bit tight. It was in the middle of the night, and I was walking home.

"That way," I answered, pointing the way with my free hand. He nodded, letting go of my arm as he ran away.

"Well, you're welcome, asshole," I muttered to myself. I continued on my way, rubbing my hands together to get them warm. The next thing I knew, I was being grabbed and drug into an alley.

"This isn't him, you morons!" A man yelled.

"I saw him talking to Oliver!" Another man mentioned.

"Kid, where the hell did that man go that just talked to you?" A woman with green eyes asked. I looked over the group. Tattoos, vests, and piercings were on every member. One of them was wearing brass knuckles.

"That-.. That way, I believe," I answered, pointing them down a different road.

"We better find him, kid," The first man growled, leaving with the rest of the group. Once I was sure they were gone, I ran to my house. I slammed the door and locked it, panting.

"Josh?! What the hell is wrong?!" My flatmate, Dan, yelled. I held up my finger to signal him to wait as I caught my breath.

Once I did, I told him what happened.

"You pointed them to the wrong area?! Seriously?! Joshua!" He scolded.

"I didn't want them to hurt the poor fucking lad," I defended. Dan gave me a doubtful look.

"Let's hope you never see any of them again," Dan concluded. I nodded, grabbing a beer and sitting on the couch.