Chapter 31

The next day was the worst. I was shaking with a fever, and I was so sore everywhere. I couldn't move my legs, and my arms could barely be lifted. I guess seeing Kora had taken so much energy from me. Or the electrocuted me a little too hard. Not sure which it is. 

I woke up terrified, because I couldn't move my legs, or feel them for that matter. 

Clarke darted up, waking Lexa by accidentally hitting her in the nose and mumbling an apology. 

"I-I can't move my legs" I said, and Clarke frowned, throwing the blanket off me and touching my leg. Fear spread through my veins like blood, and I shot "I can't feel my legs!" Lexa was by my side with that, and touched my shoulder lightly, but it hurt, and she noticed. 

"Clarke, why is she so sensitive?" Lexa asked, retreating her hand. My eyes darted between the two. 

"I-I don't know. Nerves are probably damaged and she's most likely in a state of shock" Clarke says, trying to figure out what is going on. "She's lost a lot of blood" Lexa held her arm out. Clarke shook her head. "Too much blood can put her heart into overdrive. Too little blood can kill her" 

"So what are you waiting for?" Lexa began to raise her voice, pushing her arm in Clarke's direction again. Clarke shook her head, again, and pushed Lexa's arm back. 

"That's too much. She just needs fluids, but she's not going to want them, and it'll be a miracle if she keeps them down" Clarke explained. 

"So what should we do for her?" Lexa asked. 

"Guys I'm listening, maybe I can-"

"No" They both said at once. I reeled my head back into the pillow, giving me a double chin. That was unexpected. 

"We need to make sure she drinks, and keeps it down" Lexa said, and Clarke nodded. 

"That's what I'm saying" Clarke said. "But the likely hood of that happening is slim. I mean look at her already" Clarke said that last sentence very quietly, but, hell, I'm a grounder so of course I heard it. Lexa pursed her lips. 

"Can we insert water into her somehow?" Lexa asked. I hated needles, and I was having trouble hearing what I was hearing. Clarke thought for a moment, then nodded. 

"We can try"