Chapter 7 (for real)

later that night it had become really late from the long walk home. because it was a weekend, yamato offered that we stayed in a motel together. alone. my heart jumped at the thought, and i could tell my face had looked like a tomato when he asked me.
"we're here" yamato said calmly. i looked up to see a multiple storied building, it looked like it was made out of silver glass. fancy. when we finally made it up the long flight of stairs to our assigned room, i sat on the bed awkwardly. soon, i felt the bed move and looked to my left to see yamato looking ahead next to me. he had that slight smile on his face, the one that he had on almost all the time. the one that warmed my heart. when he looked over at me, i kind of panicked and looked away with wide eyes. i heard him chuckle as he began to speak.
"it's pretty late, we should probably go to bed" he offered. i nodded and began to adjust myself under the covers. all was fine until-
thunder.
lightning.
oh no. this was bad. i've been deadly afraid of storms my entire life, for no particular reason either. yamato must have sensed my body stiffen because he said, "what's wrong?"
i felt as if i were going to cry, but i decided to not embarrass myself by quietly saying "nothing" as he got into the same bed as me (considering there was only one bed) my heart immediately raced. i could hear it pound in my chest and i suddenly felt really hot. i decided to ignore it and eventually found myself talking to yamato about random things-what cars we liked, our favorite food, and so on. everything was fine when he turned off of the lights and i found myself facing him as i stared into his eyes. that is, until-
thunder.
lightning.
tears began to cloud my vision and i tried desperately to pull myself together. i'm okay, there's nothing to be scared of. i'm fine. i'm fine. i kept trying to assure myself but it got harder and harder each time the sound of lightning would boom through the room. i had closed my eyes, but they were now open, looking at the back of yamatos head. i couldn't take it, and fear took over. tears streamed down my face as i let out whimpers. yamato jerked his head back at me, when everything happened so fast.
very fast.
my whole body started shaking, my heart beating wildly. i was no longer in control as i felt my lungs almost trap me. i let tears stream down my face as i couldn't help my body shaking, blinking violently and my mind desperately trying to look for ways to get air in my lungs. air was exiting, but i couldn't get enough air in.
i was having a panic attack.
i didn't even notice yamato desperately clinging to me, shaking me, his eyes wide in fear. i couldn't move. i was crying so hard, so scared. really scared. i tried so hard to say his name, i just couldn't. no words came out of my mouth. none. then, it all stopped.
everything had stopped.
everything.
what was happening? was i in shock or was i dying? i felt so calm. why?
then it started to come back to me. i was having a panic attack, yamato, storm, crying. why had it stopped? here's why.
yamato kissed me.
kiss.
yamato.
me.
as he slowly pulled back, i breathed in, suddenly feeling relief flood through me. not just relief, but i felt calm. wait. yamato kissed me? why? what? why had it helped?
"i read somewhere that to stop a panic attack, you had to stop breathing. the easiest way to do that was to kiss you" he said still an inch away from my face. that was why he kissed me. i felt thankful, but kind of sad. maybe i wasn't anything to him, and that's all there was to the kiss.
"was that the only reason you kissed me?" i said slowly, looking away. instead of answering, he said, "what are you afraid of?"
"the lightning" i said hesitantly. i was still looking away.
"look at me" he said while lifting my chin up to look him in the eyes, our faces barely having room in between them. i looked at him for a second before he said "there's nothing to be afraid of as long as i'm here." he said while giving me a smile. i couldn't help it, i blushed. thankfully it was dark, though. as he slowly let go of my chin, i moved my face back a bit, thinking he wouldn't want to be that close. as he got closer again, i felt my heart pound so loud, i wanted to stop it. then, he almost whispered-"i didn't think you wanted me to kiss you for other reasons"
my heart felt like an earthquake. i felt so many emotions crawl through my heart at one time, i almost couldn't handle it. as he got closer and closer, i closed my eyes and felt our lips slowly connect. i can't describe it-it just felt like all of my worries melted away in a split second. it made me want to melt. not realizing how long it was, he slowly pulled away and my eyes stayed closed. i didn't even realize the smile on my face until he smiled back and said "goodnight y/n"

ok i finally updated an actual chapter and can i say i'm kinda proud. i noticed i'm not really on the plot line anymore due to the fact i haven't seen the anime in a while, but i also noticed something else. i'm losing reads. like a lot. so i decided i would update more often and stay on the plot line more so you're welcome. anyways hope you enjoyed cuz i did
-maya