chapter 4: Start off and cry

"Okay so, Mishiga. Can you sing?" Kaito had asked him, as he was wearing a pair of fake glasses.

"Well yes. I can," Mishiga replied, as he had a hand in his pockets because...just because.

"Alright. Can you prove you can?" Gumi asked, as she appeared out of nowhere.

"How'd you get here?!!" Kaito asked, very shocked at the fact that Gumi had somehow infiltrated into the room.

"I have my ways. And also, Mishiga, if you can sing, prove it," Gumi replied to Kaito's question and said towards Mishiga.

Mishiga nods as he felt pitch black and air rushing upwards. As it turns out, they had a trap floor that Kaito had activated.

He then felt himself standing on something hard, like wood and he knew what it was.
"Ha ha, Kaito. Very funny. Putting a stage underground?" He asked towards the hole he went through only to know there were no response.

"Alright," he said with a sigh.
"The first song I will sing would be Cyber Thunder Cider," he said to thin air for no reason.

Meanwhile

"Whoa! Is that guy serious?! He's gonna sing MY fast song?!!" VY1 said, as everyone was shocked hearing Mishiga's statement.

They were in a room...more specifically, a security room, wherr there were CCTVs everywhere in and out of the manor, and a radio.

Eventually, they then started to turn the music on. Mishiga who heard this, then sang.

(If you're wondering how his voice sounds like, just imagine Kaito's, only less deeper and more melodic)

"Wow....he's so different from us," IA said, slightly shocked hearing his singing voice.

Kaito was impressed.
"He can sing something that fast huh?" He said impressed.

"Hey!" He said through the radio which ringed and could be heard throughout the stage.

"What is it?" Mishiga asked, a hand in his pockets.
"We want you to sing this song!" Kaito replied through the radio and soon, the music started.

(The song is Close To You by Lily)

Mishiga sang along with the song but even during the starting of the song, he suddenly remembered Max.

He then felt tears flowing down his cheek but he continued singing but at the chorus, that was it.

He stopped singing and he then kneeled and cried, his tears uncontrollable as they flowed out of his eyes.

All the Vocaloids saw this and stopped the music, before they felt sorry.

"He did lose his good friend...maybe we shouldn't put that song in the list," IA said, feeling worried for Mishiga.

"Since when did you started to feel worried for him?" Gakupo asked IA, which IA reply by getting out of the room and went to the stage room.

Mishiga was still crying, as images of Max, smiling to him, playing around with him, and lastly, dying, was played in his mind.

"Hey," IA said as she approached Mishiga. Mishiga was still crying as he ignored her.

IA then had a hand on his arm which had somehow calmed him down from crying as he held her hand.

IA then blushed at this as she then slowly pulled her hand away from his.

"Thank you," he said although a bit sadly as he stood up.
"N-no problem," she stuttered as she smiled at him.

"Anyway, he should go with another song. I don't think he could handle it," IA said to...well nothing but was heard by the others.

"Alright," Kaito replied to her.
"Hey, Mishiga. C'mon. You can do this. I have faith in you," IA said to Mishiga.

"Why do I get the feeling that IA seems to be more caring towards Mishiga?" Len said, looking at them.

"Is it possible...? Nah. She wouldn't have would she?" Miku asked, which they reply with nods.

True to the fact that Mishiga has no interest when it comes to love, but he is considered charming.

"Alright here's another song," Kaito said and this time, he knows it....too well.

(Glide by Lily)

IA watches him as he not just sang, but also danced. And they have to admit, he is not bad at it.

When he was finished, Kaito had said, "you're in." Mishiga had a calm face, before bowing.

IA smiled at Mishiga which, weirdly, made him blush slightly as he tried to retain his calm face.