1: goodbye

"DEREK!" I screamed as I woke up from a horrible dream. I have been having the same dream for the past few weeks. The dream whereby I watch Derek die.

The alarm rang as I got out of bed. I had to meet the lawyer today to discuss about Derek's will. I got dressed and made myself and the kids some breakfast before calling the nanny over to take care of the kids. Once the nanny arrived, I set off to the lawyer's office.

"Hi, I'm Dr Meredith Grey and I have an appointment with Lawyer Harvey at 11." I told the lady at the front desk.

"Follow me." The lady led me to Harvey's office. Harvey gave me a warm hug upon my arrival.

"My deepest condolence, Meredith." Harvey has been Derek and my lawyer for a long time and we have been great friends. He even attended Derek's funeral. We sat down and talked about the will.

The whole discussion was pretty serious and solemn. We talked about assets and stuff related.

After spending around an hour discussing about the will, Harvey said, "Meredith, actually, Derek has also left something special for you to complete." Harvey said.

I gave a confused look and asked "What is it?"

"He had left some files for you. However, in order to gain access to the files, you need to complete a list of tasks he has for you."