Nal Hutta

"Good morning, Princess Leia," said C-3PO as he opened the door to the meeting room. The councilors were standing around a holographic display of the galaxy, showing which planets were under rebel control or protection, under imperial control, or were neutral.

"Our next course of action must me to take Coruscant! We need to control the seat of power! The empire is weak. The time to strike is now!" Colonel Khod exclaimed, pounding on the table and looking around.

"Ah, nice to see you, Princess. We wondered if you would show up." said Arkiza Lans, completely disregarding Khod's outburst.

"My apologies, council. Han would not stop pestering me with question. I got away as quickly as I could."

"I see," Arkiza said, "you heard the Colonel's proposition?"

"Yes I did. Colonel Khod, I have already explained to you why that would not work. We do not have the manpower, or the weapons, needed to perform a direct assault on the capitol. As you very well know, I have dispatched some of our best spies to investigate the situation on Coruscant, and to see if an internal take down would be a possibility. They will not have the needed information for at least a month, perhaps even longer. In that time, we don't know what will happen with the power structure. That is why I am proposing an assault on Nal Hutta. It is a major resource supplier for the Empire, but the terrain of the planet means that there are no native people, meaning no civilian loss of life. They do not have a large number of troops stationed there. If we take out the mines and generators of Nal Hutta, the Empire will we weakened once again and at that point, we will have the information we need from our spies. This war could be over in less than a year if we play our cards right. We have the upper hand right now. It's time to use it." Leia had been thinking about this plan for a long time. She'd poured over every detail to make sure nothing could go wrong.

The council stood in silence.

"Brilliant plan, Princess," Captain Asa Siamen, said, looking at the young woman, "All in favour of Princess Leia's plan, raise your hand,"

The entire council raised their hand, all except for Khod.

"Majority rules. The council approves your plan, Princess Leia," stated Arkiza. Technically, Leia was a General and a member of the council, but everyone addressed her as Princess Leia, rather than General Organa.

The council members sat around the table. They had a lot to discuss, to decide the details of the plan.