04|A Twist of Fate

Ever since that awkward but at the same time, magical moment of interacting with another human being without having to resort to eye rolls or scowling. Matt Hoffman, for the first time in years actually and weirdly felt something-not love, duh!- but something that was going there. Affection? Fondness? Or a tender and solemn attachment? Whatever it is, Matt hated it.

He wasn't really one to do all the blushing and stuttering and all those vomit worthy characteristics when people fall in love.

Gah! Love, he said it.

Sighing, Matt indulged himself or rather, forced himself to catch up on some light readings for his next class on monday. Zoning out, again, Matt then remembered those stunning pair of blue eyes that haunted his brain the second he gets lost in his thoughts.
Fuck, he groaned, clossing his eyes and placing a finger over his temple.

Ever since Matt had gone home from that twisting moment at the grocery store, he hadn't been able to catch up on some much needed sleep like he said he would get. Because whenever he was on the brink of sleeping, that moment from the grocery would play back over and over in his head, returning the feelings he had on that moment that ended hours ago.

Concerned he might go nuts over his weird play-backs, he stayed awake and curled himself up on one of his lecture book. Hoping the words would take his mind away and turn up into slumbering.

He failed and there was no escaping those blue eyes that took him to cloud nine, and that body! Gah! Matt slammed his head on there poor wooden table, repeatedly slamming his head in hopes that it will knock some sense into him.

Last he check, he didn't have time for fleeting moments. No matter how incredibly strong and handsome and perfect with those cute and mesmerizing set of blue eyes and that cute but at the same time sinfully handsome face...Matt bolted himself awake as he was, again on the verge of slipping into fantasy land.

"Fucking hell!" Matt cursed, placing his hand on his chin. He wasn't normally like this. Nor did he ever acted like this! He was Matt Hoffman for crying out loud. The guy who made other guys or girls act like this and no one was going to make him act otherwise, no matter how pretty or charming that specific blue eyes beauty was. He wasn't the kind of guy who would daydream about someone, more or less a guy!

Hopeless of getting any sleep or peace of mind, Matt, much on his dismay focused on his books even though his mind was screaming otherwise.

Just admit you got feelings!

Blue eyes and hot muscle bod.

Next time he bump into you it better not be his chest doing the bumpin

"Fuck!"

"Matt, honey? You alright?" Annie asked, walking towards the kitchen and eyed her son with a questioning look. She saw the growing bags under his eyes, his disheveled hair that was sticking out from different directions from pulling he did quite often. Annie was beginning to worry about him.

"Yeah, I'm good, just, catching up on some reading" Matt said but Annie could feel the sarcastic vibe coming from him. Something was bugging him and Annie knew that. She just didn't know what.

"Alright honey. I'll be working overtime later okay?"

"Okay mum, love you" Matt half-smiled, tired eyes watching. Oh boy he got it good.

* **

Matt sat at the back of the class with his signature scowl on his face. He still hadn't slept but he ate a little breakfast that just placed him on a more sour mood. He hated when he couldn't eat when something bothered him.