Chapter 2

A/N sorry haven't updated! Just been doing stuff. I really have no good excuse... I'll try to update every weekend, but I might end up without ideas, or just aren't motivated at the time. Or I just don't want the story to end! I'm crazy... But chapter 2! Note: the reason the first part is the story title is I can't get the story title and first part title to be different. Working on Saving Minecraftia, (I really don't want that to end! And I'm trying to decide between two endings.) but not here. Any help?

PikaCrafter

------------------

I don't want to leave Layla really, but I don't want to die young. It'll take a week at the least to reach the statue anyway. Of the twelve sub-cities or towns surrounding the main city, mine is the farthest away. Thirteen is supposed to be unlucky, so it might not be a coincidence that we're all cursed.

I just want to live a life like my parents. My mom was second, my dad was third. They turned me out as soon as I could climb, which was when I was a year old. A girl named Jeanne took me in, and a year later, Layla showed up. Jeanne died when we were 5, but we had been taught how to survive as a firstborn. We set up our camp, and that leads up to now.

It hasn't been long before I'm being chased by a pack of dogs (is a group of dogs a pack? No idea, tell me if I'm wrong) and have to run. One pulls my jacket off, but I climb up a tree before I get killed. After the dogs are led away, I climb down carefully. Haven't died yet, at least. A few minutes later, I'm out of my town. A large stretch of country is in front of me, and then another town. After I pass through there, I have to climb a mountain to reach the city. So many chances to die...

Stop it Rachel! If you want to lift the curse, you need to be positive! Great, now I'm talking to myself. But I look around. I have to go to sleep before it gets dark. Ever since this area has had the curse, big beasts roam this area, looking for firstborns to eat. I spot a hollow tree, and curl up inside. It isn't going to rain, at least.

In the morning, there is a dense fog covering the plain. I step carefully through the fog, listening for anything that could kill me. After a couple hours, I'm starving. I pull out a sandwich, and eat. Somehow, I'm just not thirsty yet. I walk for another hour, and come to a forest. I forgot there was a forest. I should have stolen a knife... There is some kind of monster in there. The last firstborn who went there, Drake, staggered into the village and died on the spot.

I see a tree stump beside me, with a package on it. It's labeled, "To the firstborn who wishes to break the curse." I carefully unwrap the present, not sure of what it is. To my surprise, it's a sword and a pair of gloves. I read the note inside. "If you found this, you're after breaking the curse. I wish I could help, but I don't show my face. People say I caused the curse, when actually I kept it from killing all children. I wish you luck, and may help you later on. -A.S."

I have no idea who A.S. is. I did hear a rumor that a tall man in a cloak, the one everyone says caused the curse had been in the villages purchasing various things. He said something about a girl trying to save everyone. I think that might have been him. These are all I have though, so I put them on and go in the forest.