Warm On A Cold Night

A/n:  Here it is, the first ON-SCHEDULE oneshot of the new year, and by god i hope it won't be the last. My top priority will always be my chaptered fics, but hopefully you can start expecting oneshots every wednesday with the occasional break week in case I ever get swamped

Genre: Smut

Wordcount: 7,645

Summary: They've been out at a movie premiere all night, Phil is tired of sharing Dan with the world and Dan is tired of not being able to put his hands on Phil. Then their car breaks down on the way home.

Warnings: semi-public, light breathplay/choking vibes, consensual use of derogatory terms, and daddy kink vibes because i'm a sinner but what's new

Warm On A Cold Night - Honne

*Phil's POV*

"Dan! I've been waiting to tell you this all night, man, your outfit is amazing!" I paused, looking over my shoulder to the source of the outburst. I tried to resist the urge to scowl as I watched a stranger sidle up to Dan and slap him on the back like they were good friends.

This wasn't the first time tonight someone had stopped Dan or pulled him aside to shower him in compliments. It seemed everyone looking to make a name for themselves wanted to be associated with "danisnotonfire" and his incredibly dedicated fanbase. I didn't mind really, even though I couldn't understand why they struggled so much to include me in the narrative.

It was our incredibly dedicated fanbase, we were meant to be seen as a duo.

"Thanks, I wasn't sure about it but everyone else seems to love it." Dan replied quietly, a bashful blush dusting his cheeks and momentarily making me forget my bitterness toward the stranger. Could I really hate someone that gave me any opportunity to see Dan like that?

His confidence had grown considerably in the past year, it was rare to see him nervous about anything these days. As proud as it made me feel to see him filled with such self-love, occasionally I did miss the young teen that had constantly turned to me for validation.

"Trust me, it looks great." The man assured him, settling a hand on Dan's shoulder and leaving it lingering longer than necessary. I didn't plan to interject, but when Dan cast a sideways helpless glance in my direction I rushed into action. I stepped back to stand beside him, clearing my throat as I wrapped my arm around his waist. I could only hope there weren't any cameras around.

The stranger's persona seemed to shift in an instant, the schmoozing suck-up he'd been previously switching into an incredibly distant formal man. He stood taller, reluctantly meeting my gaze and forcing a smile. "Hey, Phil!"

I debated replying, but ultimately I decided he wasn't worth my time. Anyone who was willing to make Dan uncomfortable for their own personal gain usually wasn't.

I turned on my heel, leading Dan away from the exchange with an unspoken air of superiority. It wasn't often that I liked to gloat my status, or even admit that I had one at all, but I would always jump at the chance to show off the way Dan cared for me more than he did anyone else. It was my biggest achievement yet, having someone like him fall for the likes of me.

As we walked away, I reluctantly let my arm fall from Dan's waist. We were in a public setting, a movie premiere with paparazzi at every corner. Even if they weren't directly trying to photograph us, our viewers would find the photo and tear it apart until they spotted us in the background. Once it was on the internet, there was simply no hiding it from them.