Chapter 1 "Haven"

Warning: Short chapter, but next update sooner and longer.

Canon timeline:

Sakumo takes "the mission" when Kakashi is 5, Kakashi graduates at 6. 

This timeline:

Same ol' same ol', but just with a little somethin' extra. Something very big actually.

<< Age: 5 >>

Kakashi wake up.

But... But I'm scared that I will see... Him again...

Don't worry, he's gone...

... Trust me.

And white light consumed his vision, his only friend fading with it.

A soft mattress was the first thing Kakashi felt beneath him and he inwardly relaxed slightly, recalling her words. He took a sniff of his surroundings without opening his eyes and recoiled almost immediately at the smell of death, medicines and blood in the air.

Biting his bottom lip he opened one eye and hissed as sunlight attacked his vision but then froze as he opened his eyes again.

Sunlight.

The thing he never experienced or felt before and the thing other older children would tell him stories about. He sat up slowly while gaping at the window, then looked down at his hands in fascination as he felt the heat radiating of them.

Wow.

He tested his limbs and found them perfect as usual due to her healing abilities and stood up, making his way to the closed window. And he opened it.

Wind. Trees. Buildings. Birds. People.

He stood there in amazement and looked further to see a mountain with three heads made of stone crafted from it. His eyes widened as he remembered the exact same scene from a book he saw during one of Orochimaru's teaching sessions.

Konohagakure.

The place where Orochimaru hated and was preparing for his minions to attack in years time. The place where he couldn't reach.

His haven.

"You like it?"

<< Sakumo's POV >>

I masked my chakra efficiently and watched as he twitched and spread his fingers across the mattress, relaxing. He hissed at the sunlight but then the hateful expression was taken over by one of fascination and wonder. 

He must have never seen sunlight his entire life.

I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist as I thought how I could have prevented this from ever happening to him.

A rustle of blankets caused me to snap out of my thoughts and I saw him stand up perfectly fine without a single limp or pause.

He shouldn't be able to move yet.

A modification from that bastard?

He pushed opened the windows and gaped at the sight.

I pushed down my urge to cry in joy and happiness to see my boy in Konoha and instead walked silently a few meters behind him and drawled lazily while smiling.

"You like it?"

A/N

Yo! Dattebayo! This is the first chapter, pretty boring I know, but hopefully the next chapter is better. I'm not that good of a author, I prefer drawing.

Instagram: MawVax / MawVax_draws373

Shameless advertising people. 

Learn from it.

- Migale