Chapter 4

•Sidney•

An ACL tear. I could be out for the rest of the season.

I buried my head in my hands as I sat in the x-ray room, praying nothing was wrong with my knee other than a sprain.

"It be okay." Geno said before I went in to get my x-rays while I was on the phone with him.

I was nervous. My thoughts began to wander and I found myself thinking about Tyler.

She was beautiful and funny and sassy and everything I'd ever wanted in a person. God I wanted her. Not just to be able to kiss her and hold her but to actually get to know her and figure her out.

"Okay Mr. Crosby, we're all set. We'll send your x-rays over to Riverside right away. They should be there when you arrive." a nurse said to me.

"Thank you." I mumbled, crutching out the room. I was zoned out all the way to my car. I was anxious to get back and find out what the results of my x-rays were.

*******

I sat in Tyler's small office with Griffin, her friend. It was awkward and he kept glancing over at me as I pretended to be looking at something on my phone.

"Sidney?" I heard Tyler say softly from the door. I shot up and tried to brace myself for the worst.

"You want to go somewhere private?" she asked. She didn't let me answer, and started walking to one of the rooms with a cot and a sink. It looked one of the rooms you sat in at the doctors.

"It's torn isn't it?" I said softly as she closed the door. She turned around and had a grin on her face.

"Nothing's torn. Just a sprain." she said, looking extremely excited.

"Are you serious?!" I jumped up, ignored the twinge of pain in my leg, and pulled her into a tight hug. "That's incredible!"

She was blushing, but I pretended like I didn't see it. "So I can do regular therapy now?"

"Regular therapy." she echoed.

"No surgery?"

"No surgery." She grinned again and it felt myself grin too. It was fantastic news.

"So, I will see you tomorrow?" she asked, checking my folder.

"Yes ma'am." I said with a nod. "Or maybe before that if I see you at the bar again." I teased.

"I don't think Freddie will be going out tonight after his killer hangover." she said laughing.

"Well maybe you can come and join me for drinks?" I said, trying to be as smooth as I could.

"I don't usually go out with clients," she said with a soft smile. "But for you I'll make an exception."

"Great. Give me your number and I'll text you a time." I said, handing her my phone.

"Pittsburg Penguins huh?" she said, noticing the background of my phone. "I guess that makes sense since you play hockey. I've never really watched it." she admitted, typing in her number.

"It's a pretty good sport to watch." I said with a knowing smile. She nodded, handing my phone back to me as we walked out of the room.

"Text me! See ya Sid." She waved and I waved back before walking away. Letang was supposed to be picking me up and dropping me off at home since I wasn't able to drive completely yet.

But that couldn't even make the smile fade from my face. I couldn't wait for tonight.

******

•Tyler•