1|Ristorante Romano

"Excited for your first day?" My dad asked from across the table.

"Yep," I said, taking another bite of my breakfast.

Today I was starting a part time job at my dad's Italian restaurant. I already knew the place like the back of my hand but I couldn't wait to actually be a part of the team, especially since my best friend Sarah was also working there. Although I would be starting out as a waitress, I planned on attending culinary school as soon as I finished high school.

Because it was Saturday, I would be working nearly all day. My dad and I headed over there at 9:30, since we opened at 11 and had to set up.

I set up chairs and place settings while my dad began preparing the kitchen. The other employees began to show up, and by 10:30, we were ready for the day. While we waited for 11 o'clock to roll around, I went over to the bar to talk to Louis, who was good friends with my dad and I. He had just graduated college last year and was a great bartender.

We chatted for a while and before we knew it customers started coming in. I was busy all day, and by closing at 9, I was exhausted. We all began cleaning up, and my dad and I left around 10:30. I fell asleep as soon as I got home.

The next week or so was pretty average. I was only working at the restaurant part time, but I was also going to school, so I was always busy with something. Soon after I started working, my boyfriend Dameon and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. I couldn't be more happy with him.

Around then was when I began to feel different around Louis. My mind told me I liked him, but I knew I had to ignore that because I was already in a relationship. But what made it bad was when I began to notice Louis feeling the same way towards me. He looked at me a certain way, a way that made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

I knew we were still just friends, but one night during closing that all changed. I was mopping the kitchen floors when he walked by and brushed his hand against mine. I looked up into his eyes, and he stopped, looking right back at me. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby and stepped closer to him. He slowly put his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed him right back, and the scary part was, it felt right.

I wanted more of him, but before I could say anything, he walked away. My heart dropped. All I wanted was to kiss him again.

The next day I had school, but decided to come by the restaurant afterwards, even though I wasn't working. Because it was between lunch and dinner, not many customers were inside. I spotted Louis sitting behind the bar reading a book.

I walked over to him and he looked up right away with a smile. I reached out to grab his hand. "Come with me," I whispered.

I led him into the employee restroom and locked the door.

"What was that yesterday?" He asked.

I looked into his eyes. "It was perfect," I said.

He didn't say anything, but instead put his arms around me and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. We continued to make out for ten or fifteen minutes. Finally, he pulled away.

"I have to get back to the bar."

I sighed. "Can you meet me somewhere tonight?" I asked.

"Come here at 10," he said, giving me one last kiss.

With that, he left the bathroom. I locked the door after he left and sat down on the floor, my back against the door. What had I just done? I cheated on my boyfriend. Part of me knew I needed to stop doing this with Louis, but my gut told me I wanted to be with him.

Lost on what to do, I finally left the restaurant and went home. I told myself I wouldn't tell anyone about whatever Louis and I had going on.

That night, I headed over to the restaurant and told my dad I wanted to help clean up. I then snuck into the bathroom, where Louis was waiting for me.

He looked exhausted but sexier than ever before. He immediately locked the door and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me against the wall. Our lips met and he put his hands on my neck, their gentle touch making me want more of him. After making out for a few minutes, we slid down onto the floor. I sat on his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist. We continued to kiss more passionately than before.

Why was this man, who I was only friends with a week ago, so attractive. We kissed for a while more, and when we finally pulled away, I knew that I wanted him, not Dameon.

"Will you be mine?" I asked him, our faces so close they were almost touching.

"Of course," he responded, holding my face.

A few minutes later, we both snuck out and went back to our jobs, which were almost complete.

I knew I needed to break up with Dameon, but I had no idea how I was going to work up the courage to do so.