1.1

Margo knew that something was wrong

It was just a feeling in her bones that wouldn't be shaken off: a complete and utter sense of badness. When Spencer walked back into her room it was confirmed to her because the slump in his shoulders and the hesitant look on his face told her all that she needed to know.

"Spence, what is it?" She asked desperately.

"That picture of you and your family is missing." He informed her. "Killers take souveniers sometimes to remember their work but it doesn't make sense that he would have took a family picture if he hadn't done anything to your mother and brother too."

She breathed deeply, taking in his words for a moment before it all clicked inside her mind. "Y-you're saying th-"

"He may have had something to do with the car crash."

"No."

She buried her face into her hands, the thought of her poor mother and brother being murdered purposely too falling down on her like a scaffold. Spencer moved forwards quickly and wrapped his arms around her as she began to cry. Their rapid hearts beat against each other's.

"Why would somebody do that to my family?" The question flew out quickly. "We didn't have enemies."

"Some people are just bad." He drawled out, stroking her hair gently, stiff and uncomfortable.

"There's something else."

"I need to know what happened that night." He admitted and it went off in her brain like a trigger.

"No!" She said loudly. "I've said that I won't talk about it!"

"We can catch the man who hurt your family but we need you to help." His voice was pleading. His eyes narrowed at her but not suspiciously.

"Why?"

"I just can't."

"Give me a good reason and I won't make you tell me." He sounded like an FBI agent as he spoke like that.

"I don't have to do that." She spoke defensively.

"I know." He agreed quietly. "Can I have a reason, please."

His soft voice broke her down slightly. "I cant think about it. If I don't talk about it, I wont think about it and that makes it less real."

Spencer softened because he knew exactly what that feeling was like and he didn't want her to feel it. However, he needed that information.

"When I was in school I was bullied badly. Once, I was in the library and Harper Hillman came up to me, she told me that Alexa Lisbon wanted to meet me behind the field house. Alexa Lisbon was the prettiest girl in school.  When I got there, she was there but so where the entire football team. They stripped me naked and tied me to a goalpost. So many kids stood there watching and I begged them to stop but they just watched. Finally, they got bored and they left. It was midnight when I finally got home. My mum was having one of her episodes, she didn't even realize that I hadn't came home. I never told anybody because I thought that if I didn't talk about it I'd just forget it but for years I remembered it so clearly, like it was yesterday. Until, I told Morgan and then, it still wasn't a nice memory but it didn't seem as bad because a friend knew."

Spencer spoke with such a sincere emotion and it made my heart break a little bit, it bothered her that people could be so horrible to such a pure person. The incident itself was awful, the height of embarrasment and a really cruel form of bullying. She moved over to Spencer and wrapped her arms around him tightly, they wound around his neck and his travelled around her waist. They clung on to each other like that for a short while before she pulled away and looked at him. Their faces were close that she could not resist pressing my lips against his shortly before pulling away.

"Promise that you wont leave me after I've told you." She asked weakly, her fear showing.

"I don't think I could ever leave you now."

"I'll tell you but I don't think I can tell anybody else."

"That's okay."

"My Dad and I were watching The Purge when I heard a crash from outside. It made me nervous but Dad said not to worry. A little bit later I heard another one so I went to look out of the window and I saw that the bin had been knocked down. It made me unsure so I went to check the house but when I opened the door I saw his eyes because he was wearing a mask. I tried to scream but he hit me and I fell. My dad had barely gotten up from his seat when the man got to him and stabbed him in the throat. I don't know if he missed an artery or something but my dad didn't die straight away. He was still alive for around half of the time that the man w-was r-raping me." She stopped and wiped the tears that where falling rapidly down her face. "Sorry, I don't like to think of it."

"Me neither."

"He strangled me as he did it. After the man finished he stabbed me and called me a weak bitch. I fell and just stayed on the floor with my eyes closed because I was hoping my death would be quicker than my Dads. He kicked me a few times but I didn't really move, a kick wasn't as bad as what had just happened. He must have thought I was dead. I didn't look up until I heard the door close and I knew he was gone. I crawled over to my dad. I stayed there until the police came...Oh and he recorded everything on a video camera."

"You should try and sleep." Spencer said with concern.

"I haven't been able to."

"Try."

They both walked over to the bed, most of her weight resting on him. She lay down in the bed and he sat down too, with an arm around her as she nestled her face in to his stomach. Neither of them said anything else.

Margo fell asleep almost instantly -- she felt safe in his arms.