Humpty Dumpty

"Hello Ava!" His 'cheery' voice filled my ears as I took a seat in his obscure office. The brown leather sofa was hard as always, and he sat in his black spiny chair with his back to me. Slowly he turned around to face me, his old and wrinkled features looking dead at me. "And how are you today?" His chemical voice asked.

"Fine." I simply replied. He stood up from his chair, twiddling his pen in his hand as he started to stroll around the sofa. I felt as though I was on a desert island in the middle of nowhere and he was the shark, circling the island just waiting for me to venture into his trap. "And how have things been on your end?" Dr.Mellet asked.

"Good." I've learnt now that short answers are the way to go, as long as he thinks I'm improving and I'm not crazy, that's the path I'm going to take. "I took another look at your test results and I just wanted to talk to you again about your little trip you had." His voice made me shudder as I thought back to the recent terrifying past.

The thunder roared and the lighting light up the sky. I sat on my bed shaking in fear as I felt his damp presence creeping in. But something this time was different. His demonic features all came together as he stood at the end on my bed and looked deep into me. "Ava." He spoke my name tormentingly like little children do when playing. I brought my knees up to my chest and screwed my eyes shut just wishing for him to vanish. "Ava my love." He came and stood next to the bed. My body was shaking uncontrollably as his suffocating hands reached down and grabbed my tiny body, lifting me onto my feet. "Oh Ava my dear," his rough yet smooth hands moving through my hair, "follow me into these woods or I will have to punish you in ways unimaginable." His hot, breathy lips gently bit on my neck, causing me to collapse under his touch, his strong arms catching me before we disappeared into the eeriness of the stormy night.

"Ava!" Dr.Mellet snapped. I shook my head bringing myself back to reality. "Sorry, what?" I quietly asked as I had spaced out from this boring session. "I asked you to tell me about the nursery rhymes." He demeaned, voice full of force and authority. My face fell, as I started to shake my head. He knew what happened last time we spoke about nursery rhymes. "No." I said, and brought my knees up to my chest, salty tears beginning to leave my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

"Ava, you have to tell me, I'm your therapist, I'm going to make it better." Dr.Mellet tired to encourage, but I know the evil man better then that. He just wanted me to suffer, the man knew how they affected me.

His hands still had a tight grip on my shoulders and we stood in front of a 10ft high wall with vines winding there way up. There was a rusty metal gate, that was probably once grand and silver, but through the bars of rust I could see a building. Brown bricks stacked high with smashed windows and no lights shining from within the building. The place made me feel panicky and my chest started to heave. Around the bottom of the building was smashed pieces of glass, in front of the entrance to the building was a lone wheelchair, that was filthy and mangled.

The feeling in my chest suddenly changed from panicky to curiosity. I took a shaky step forward and instantly Calum's grip tightened on my shoulders. My eyes flicked towards bold red writing on the wall of the building. "Run whilst you still can."

"We need to go inside." Calum's deep voice spoke up. "How, there is no way through." I shakily told Calum not wanting to be hurt. "You have to climb up the wall then." His dark voice told me. No way was I going to argue with him. Shaking, I started to climb up the wall that was slowly decaying, hoping I would make it to the top without falling.

I turned my body round so I was looking away from the petrifying building as a bolt of lighting struck across the sky. "Good job Ava." His haunted face directly in front of mine now. "What do you want?" I sneered, knowing I would pay for that but not caring as all I wanted was for him to go. He was so casual, he moved his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall." My heart rate started to pick up, sweat beginning to form on my forehead. The shadow of his hand moved towards my chest as he laid the palm of his hand flat against me. A dark cloud was forming around him, I knew he was about to leave. He pushed with a force against me, causing me to tumble backwards and off the wall, falling inevitably towards the ground. He grew big and filled the sky, a smile forming on his face as he began to chant again, "Humpty Dumpty had a great f a l l."