Prologue - Run

The branches scratched your arms and legs as you, a thirteen-year-old, ran in the woods. Your foot found its way on a branch, causing you to fall. You let out a yelp of pain as you hit the rocky floor, but didn't let it stop you. No, you had to keep going. You crawled behind a large tree where there sat a bush, that would block you from view. You were hiding. Hiding from the power-crazy wizard. You let the tears fall as you wished your parents were here with you, but you knew you would never see them again. The man had taken them; murdered them and all you had done was watch.

Craning your neck both ways, you squinted your eyes searching for him. He was nowhere to be seen, this was your chance to escape. You listened for any footsteps or breaking branches, but all you could hear was the roaring of the creek and the loud thumping of your heart. For a brief moment, you wondered if maybe he could hear the steady thumping of your heart or smell your tear drops as they slid down your cheeks. Shaking your head from those thoughts, you tried to focus. Maybe, if you were sneaky enough, you could make it, maybe...

Just as you made ready to make a run for it, a twig snapped behind you, the noise booming in your ear. You snapped your head where the noise came from; still crouching behind the tree. You found yourself a few inches away from a pair of black shoes. You slowly looked up and whimpered in fear. Staring down at you with a malicious grin, the power-crazy man pointed his wand at your head.

He smirked; uttering words you couldn't quite make out. All you knew was, as soon as he was finished, your head began to spin and the world around you turned to darkness. The man smiled a maniac smile, watching as you slumped to the ground, unmoving as your body slowly began to glow. He snatched your now shrunken figure and went on his way.  

***

Yea the first chapter is finished!!!! Sorry it's so short, but don't worry, the next chapters will be longer! Happy New Year!! For my New Years resolution, I'm going to try and update a new chapter each week. Notice how I said, "try." :) Have a wonderful day!

-- Coupondeals ;)