: NINE :

february 14, 2016
JUSTIN

"Dude, are you sure? I really don't want to look dumb," I pleaded with Za over the phone. He sighed loudly.

"Only way you're gonna look stupid is if you let this girl leave without at least trying to cuff her." I rolled my eyes. "And look, we're gonna be there in like, 5. Be ready."

"I'm ready," I said, looking myself over again. I had to bring out my suit from prom. It thankfully still fit, just a little tight in the arms. Za was even kind enough to lend me a tie so I could match Maggie.

"Okay, but is Maggie," he asked.

"Probably not. She takes mad long for no reason," Emily chimed in the background.

"Says you," Za mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing, baby, I love you," Za cooed, trying to save his ass. I could practically hear Em roll her eyes.

"Yeah, you better." I laughed at the two, opening my door to check on Maggie. I could hear her music blasting as soon as my door opened. I walked to her door, knocking lightly.

"Maggie? You ready? Za and Em are almost here," I called. The music shut off and I heard light clicking. I pressed my ear to the door to hear what was going, when it swung open.

"I'm ready." I looked at her in awe.

She wore a short, pink, silk dress, that stopped inches above her knees. Her legs were covered in tight, white fishnet stockings. Her pink, strappy heels gave her inches yet she was still so much shorter than me.  Her wrists and hands were dripping gold jewelry and gems. She had straightened her hair so it flowed down her back effortlessly.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I was going to respond when the doorbell rang.

I swung the door open and was greeted by the other half of our double date. We all took a moment to look each other over. Za wore his prom suit as well, but had a royal blue tie, to match Emily's blue body con two piece.

"Bitch," Maggie whispered. Her and Emily looked at each other in astonishment. "You look so hot," she screamed. Emily screamed aback and they hugged.

"Look at your ass," Emily said, spinning Maggie around. Maggie craned her neck to look back at it and I looked too. I felt my cheeks heat as I watch her shake it for Emily.

"I been sticking to my resolutions," she spoke. After a couple more minuets of them inspecting each other and complimenting each others asses, we were on our way to the restaurant. Za and Emily were kind enough to make reservations for four people, and invite me and Maggie. I had Maggie's gift in the trunk, and I was ready to ask her out tonight. We pulled up Guiseppe's and hopped out, walking in like we owned the shit.

"Reservation for Smith ," Za spoke to the hostess. He looked for a while then looked back at us.

"I have no reservation for Smith," he said, apologetically. Za's smile dropped.

"Reservation for Perez," Emily said, rolling her eyes. "We put it in my name, dumbass," she whispered.

"Ah, Perez, your table is ready now," the hostess nodded, grabbing menus and leading us to our table. Za and Emily linked fingers and I only dreamed of Maggie's fingers interlocked with mine.

We were seated and eating within 30 minuets. We ate and spoke. I learned even more about her. She told me about her past boyfriend horror stories, and I told her about the women I had been with in the past. Before I knew it, the waiter was taking our plates and dropping our check off.