Not going to sleep

[A/N: Hey, thank for joining. I'm glad you chose this story. I started my account to write a bit of theorist smut... Won't make that mistake for a long while. While I re-collect my sexual vigor, how about some Angst? There may be a lot of POV changes, but I'll try to keep them clear cut. This is hopefully gonna be a 3 part story. Enjoy.]

[I forgot what song inspired me to do this plot over a year ago. Oh well, here the song is. It's pretty good if you're into dubstep, or whatever this is. I've never bothered to learn the difference]  

Matt P.O.V.

"Stephanie," I whined from the bed. I'd already slipped into my pajamas and fallen into bed, but my wife had yet to join me. "You're coming, right?" I'd could've tried to get some sleep, but I preferred to snuggle up to Stephanie when I sleep.

"I am," she called back indignantly. She entered into the room from the conjoined bathroom. "I was just taking off my makeup."

I sighed and shook my head. "I don't get why you put on makeup," I lightly chastised as Steph climbed into bed next to me . "You look absolutely gorgeous with and without it."

Stephanie laughed and nuzzle against me. "Well I think I look prettier with it on," she defended. "I feel prettier with it on and besides, there was a live-stream today. I needed the makeup on to show my features."

I groaned, remembering back to my time as a starving actor. Lots of makeup and, even though it was there to show your features, it was very frustrating. "Well," I compromised. "If it makes you happy, then it makes me happy. Because seeing you unhappy makes me sad, and seeing you happy makes my day great.'

"Thank's hon," she blushed, kissing me on the lips. She reached over and flipped off the bedside lamp. "C'mon," she instructed. "We have an early morning tomorrow." I pulled her into a hug position, and we slowly faded off into sleep.

Stephanie P.O.V.

In my dream I'm was in my house. No, not my house, it's the house I grew up in. Matthew's there, so are my parents. My aunts and uncles are gathered around. A couple friends of the family. We must be celebrating something.

I try not to focus too much on the details. From my experience, that breaks the dream. We're in the living room(it's too hot to be outside). A couple of my aunts and uncles are talking. We're all hap- Wait. Wasn't there one more of them.

I look around and, sure enough, during my examination of the scenery some one disappeared. "Probably nothing," I reassured myself. I didn't have complete control over the dream. If someone disappeared, they'd probably just reappear later. "Nothing to be worried about."

Matthew kissed me on the cheek and told me that he had to go somewhere. I didn't exactly catch where. Why? Two more had gone missing. It was only down to me, my parents, two uncles and an aunt. I began shivering. The warm North Carolina day had become surprisingly cold, yet I was the only one who seemed to notice it.

My parents seemed to imply that they needed to go get something. No one speaks in a dream, the dreamer just knows what the person means before they actually say something. No big deal. My parents walked out of the room. It was down to the... two of us.

My aunt and uncle were gone. They were here a moment ago, and now it was simply down to one of my... uncle? There was a man sitting on the couch, sipping whisky and talking to someone who'd dissipated long ago. He looked familiar, but not in a way that made me feel safe.

The man turned his head to face me, and who he was clicked in my head. "Matthew," I quavered out. "Matthew, can you please come back? Matthew!"

"Excuse me miss," I heard his milky soft voice say from behind me. "I was wondering if I could get a refill on my glass."