A swim in the jungle

After hours of running from two armies, we had found ourselves in the deepest darkest area of the jungle. My legs were about to give out on me but I kept up to Mr.Ambrose's absurdly fast pace. I was a feminist after all which meant if a man could walk this fast for this long than so could I, though I could really use a quick five minute break and some chocolate right about now.

"Sir? If I may ask, are we ever going to stop and possibly, oh, I don't know, take a break and eat?" I ask.

"Mr. Linton, unless you want the two armies to find us again and capture us, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and keep walking," Mr.Ambrose says in his usual cold, emotionless voice.

"Well I guess we're not stopping anytime soon, am I right?" I say while playfully elbowing Karim which earns me a death glare. What great companions I have!

The thick tree's stretch out above us and cover the sun making it hard to tell whether it's night or day. Occasionally I will see a few sun rays peak through the tree's protection but our journey mostly consists of walking in the shade which is awfully hot despite being covered from the sun. We've ran into much things while escaping from our kidnappers such as misquotes and ants which have done nothing but try and suck my blood or climb up my leg and bite me. I was starting to regret my decision on coming on this journey until I realized that if I'd stayed back in London I might already be married. I cringe even at the thought of having to give myself to a man.

Oh really even if that man was Mr. Am- Oh shut up! I tell myself.

We're still walking farther and farther into the jungle even after the sun sets. My stomach growls, loud enough that I'm pretty sure even the armies back at their bases can hear.

"Would you be quiet?" Mr. Ambrose's hisses, his voice now ice cold and apparently very annoyed with my stomach growling.

"I'm very sorry to disappoint you sir, but my stomach will not stop making such noises until I've eaten. Funny story but in order for a individual to stay alive they need food. And if you were wondering, I cannot simply stop my stomach from growling," I say as sweetly as possible and am rewarded with the slight twitch of Mr. Ambrose's finger.

"Sahib, I think it wise for us to stop and rest as well as feed the infrit. It's getting dark and who knows what creatures come out at night," says Karim.

Mr. Ambrose keeps walking not saying anything. I internally groan, the stone cold bastard is going to be the death of me. We walk a little longer until we come across a little lake and right beside it is a huge tree with leafy branches swaying in the wind almost touching the ground. Mr. Ambrose marches towards the swaying branches and swiftly pushes them apart revealing a little alcove behind the curtain of leaves.

"We'll stay and rest here for tonight. We should not be seen by the cover of the leaves. Karim, I want you to go find some food for Mr. Linton to eat. I feel he will not be satisfied with just some bread," orders Mr. Ambrose while putting his pack down on the ground.

"Yes, Sahib," and with that Karim walks into the shadows of the jungle.

"I'm going to be looking over the map, we have to make sure we're on route. I will need some time alone. You, Mr. Linton are free to do what you like as long as you keep out of trouble," says Mr. Ambrose already diving into his work.

"Yes sir," I reply putting my sack on the ground.

I take out a piece of bread and start munching on it by a rock near the tree. My gaze wanders to the lake and I suddenly have the urge to jump in it. I look down at myself and realize it might not be a bad idea. I reek of sweat and dirt and am honestly in desperate need of a cleaning.