one.

Returning to school after winter break is easily one of the most dreaded days of any high school students' life.

After having an entire two weeks off, not only is my brain just barely able to function properly, but I am completely exhausted. The only thing I want to do right now is slip right back into my bed and sleep for another three hours.

It could be a lot worse, though. I could be a freshman, and still have three-and-a-half years of high school left.

It feels beyond amazing to know that I only have half a year of high school left. I just have to survive the remainder of this senior year, and then I'm finished with high school forever, and I can finally leave for college.

If I keep reminding myself that, perhaps today won't be so bad.

As I push through the congested hallway of Watercolor High, clinging my books tightly to my chest, I begin to ponder about how wonderful college will be. I cannot wait.

No more high school drama, no more high school teachers, no more high school... anything.

I can do this. Just half of a year left. I've got this.

My only goal for these next five months is to survive, not be involved in any type of drama, and get good grades for my last semester. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Especially since I don't exactly have a friend group anymore.

That's a good thing. Sure, I get lonely sometimes and occasionally wish that things would've turned out differently. But, I'm fine. I truly am. I don't need anyone- like I said, these next five months, all I want to do is survive and finish high school off right.

And I can do that perfectly fine by myself.

"Hey, Anna!" I suddenly hear a familiar voice from behind me.

I turn around, a bit taken aback by who's standing there when I do.

"Felix?" I can't help the surprised tone that escapes from my mouth.

I can't remember that last time I talked to him. It had to have been at least a year ago, though...

"Hey, uh," he scratches the back of his neck, "I know this may seem sort of, you know, random, but I was just wondering how you've been lately."

I furrow my eyebrows at him, instantly confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

He laughs lightly, seeming a bit uncomfortable.

"I don't know, I just heard about everything that happened between you and Rose, and you've been acting different lately."

I scoff, trying not to laugh in anger.

"Felix, you don't even know me anymore. We haven't even talked to each other since last year. Why are you talking to me now?" I snap, not even really knowing why.

I almost laugh at myself. Of course I know why.

He sighs, looking around to see if anyone is paying attention to us.

"I'm just worried about you, Anna. I wanted to talk to you," he reaches over to touch my free hand.

I immediately swat it away from him.