Chapter Twenty-Nine - Happily Ever After

"Well?"

It has been two days since the call off of the royal wedding. Alice and Hatter are reunited. Florence had summoned the two to come to the palace to discuss some matters with them.

"I'm so glad you came back."

"My sister Mariana told me to come back and face my problems. She told me to pursue what I was meant to have."

"Which is me."

"Of course, Matthew, of course."

"I wonder what Florence wants us with."

"I don't know..."

"Well," said Hatter as they approached the door to the Great Hall. "Let's go in and see."

Hatter opened the door and to the couple's shock, they saw the Queen of Hearts, kissing the General of Hearts.

"Yikes," muttered Alice.

"Oh!" cried the Queen. "You are early."

"No, just in time," said Hatter and he took out his pocket

watch for her to see. "Not too early and not too late, you're just too into your personal affairs."

Antony Le Cœur blushed bright red and Hatter just patted his back,

"Congratulations!"

"He's won my heart back," murmured the Queen.

"Of course, we already could see it."

"So what's the matter you want to discuss, your Majesty?"

"Well, we were just wondering if you would be able to hold a wedding for us, after yours, of course."

Five days later, Hatter walked down the stairs of his house, finding Alice polishing his hat.

"Do you still have this tag?" she asked, holding up the 10/6 tag that was tied onto the hat.

"It's not my hat exactly, you know. I am a hatter, I sell hats. This hat is for sale, but I just wear it around."

"I'll buy it."

"What?"

"Here is the money," she said calmly. "I buy it, and I'll give it to you." She smiled, as Hatter received back his hat. "It's yours entirely."

"Why did you?"

"I like it," she said and she helped him tie his tie. "It suits you, and I remembered you once said the hat wasn't yours at the court. You aren't hatterish if you don't wear that. So, consider that as my wedding gift for you."

"I... I..."

"Now help me with my veil," she said and she gave a last tug on the tie.

Hatter helped her, putting the white fabric onto his wife-to-be's head and fixing it in place with daisies.

"Must it be daisies?" he laughed.

"I like them, and the house is full of them. Thank you for sending those seeds from the palace."

"It's my pleasure, my dear."

He turned to the clock, it was ten to nine, ten minutes left before the ceremony.

"Come on," he cried to Alice and dashed out of the house.

Alice followed him, grabbing their bikes, they cycled to Cardplays Lagoon.

Florence Hearts offered to let them have their wedding in the palace, but the couple refused. They rather have a sweet, short ceremony at the place where they were engaged.