| three |

Back to present time

Amelia Ringtroff thought it was just another day at King's Cross Gift Shop. She was polishing a metal shoe when there was a crash through her chimney. She wheeled around to face two twin boys with white blonde hair, their faces full of ash and soot. Instinctively, Lysander whipped out his wand.

"Obliviate."

Her face became blank for a quick second, then a smile reached her lips. "How can I help you boys?" Apparently it wasn't odd that they were carrying two extremely heavy wooden trunks.

"We're fine, thanks." Lorcan grabbed Lysander by the hand as they began to race through King's Cross. "That was lucky. Lucky that you weren't spotted by another Muggle, or even worse, a wizard!"

"Relax, Lorcan, O great Prefect." Lysander mocked his brother as he replied. "I knew I wouldn't get busted since there are other adult wizards here today. Underage magic users can use magic around supervision, right?" He finished, then ran straight through the wall at platforms 9 and 10.

"Fine," Lorcan grumbled, following his brother. He always enjoyed the blissful moments were Lysander acted irrationally, proving he was smarter. But no. They both had equal genius.

After Lorcan had had the odd experience of passing through the wall, he searched high and low for Lysander. Where is he- Oh, right there. His heart sank. There he was, talking to Matthew Stills. They had been best friends since first year, and always excluded Lorcan. Thankfully, he had his own group of friends.

"Lorcan!" He heard Beth Anne Walsh's booming voice fill the station. "Over here!" He spotted her on the stairs up to the train, hanging onto a railing. Lorcan smiled as he ran over to the train opening.

"Hello, Beth Anne," He said with the politeness he always began conversations, but he knew that vibe would soon disappear with his fast-talking Gryffindor friend. If his life was a single period, her life would be represented as three exclamation marks. "Is that Georgia I see behind you?"

"Making sure she doesn't fall off." She grinned from behind Beth Anne. Georgia Greens was half Asian, half English, so she had curly light brown hair and dark, dark brown eyes. She was also the shortest person in their year. "Elo and Wilma are waiting in the compartment."

Beth Anne pulled she and Lorcan up onto the step with exasperation. "You know how much I hate small talk, guys! Just shut it and let us walk to our compartment. In peace," She added after Georgia rolled her eyes at the Scamander.

Beth Anne slid open the door to the first compartment to the left. There was Eloise, reading a thick textbook, and Wilma, her Hufflepuff prefect badge gleaming, eating a Chocolate Frog. She nearly choked as she got up to hug Lorcan. Eloise simply waved and put the book away.

"Its great to see you, Lorcan." She said with a smile, but her eyes had the message of we need to talk. He nodded with understanding. The girls always ran to him with their problems, because he never told anyone any of their secrets, with the exception of Lysander. But he had never told him any of Eloise's business, since most of it involved him.

"So B.A., you going to thank us for our birthday presents?" Georgia said, leaning against Wilma's feet. Beth Anne replied with a, do you know me? look. Lorcan laughed, but to his surprise he was not alone like he had been all summer. He sure had missed his friends.

\~*~/

Lysander was thrilled to be with Matthew again. The two were almost the same person, but they had enough differences to have interesting conversations. Sure, he was in Gryffindor and Lysander was not, but that didn't make too much of an impact.