Chapter One - Bad Moon Rising

It's a nice day in Washington DC. Sam awaits outside the oval office for the President to call him in, nervous for his first day on the job. He's been a bodyguard to other people of importance before. Jennifer Lopez, Adele, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson... But the President's daughter? That's a lot of responsibility for just one bodyguard. But according to Mr. O'Neil, that's all they need. Just one. Sam wasn't feeling too ready, but when Mr. O'Neil had offered him the job, he sounded almost... desperate for one. So he accepted. And now here he is. Waiting. And honestly scared.

    "Sam Wesson." He heard O'Neil's voice call from inside. He opened the door to the oval office and looked around nervously, smiling when he saw Mr. O'Neil and a young woman standing by. "Sam, come here, please." Mr. O'Neil said. Sam stood straighter and walked over to the desk they stood at. "Sam, I'd like you to meet my adopted daughter, Jude." Brock said to him, motioning over to her. Sam looked at the female and nodded a bit, smiling. "Pleasure to meet you, Jude." He said as he held his hand out to her. Jude took hold of his hand and smiled at him. "Pleasure to meet you too, Sam." She said. In all truth, she didn't like the idea of having a bodyguard. She felt like he was just being burdened with her. But her dad being the most powerful man of the United States, she couldn't say anything.

   "I'll leave you two to get to know each other now. Have fun you two!" Brock smiled at them and urged them out the room. As the doors closed, Sam looked at Jude and rubbed the back of his head. "So–" "Isn't your hair too long for this sort of job?" Jude interrupted, looking up at his hair. Sam blinked in surprise and touched his hair a bit. "Well, maybe? I don't think it really matters, honestly." He said, raising an eyebrow. Jude kept looking at his hair and shrugged. "All right, then." She grinned and began to walk away. Sam followed behind, looking at her with curiosity.

   The next following days, Jude was slowly growing annoyed with Sam. He was always outside her bedroom, stood close when she ate breakfast... or wherever she went, honestly. It's driving her nuts.

   While she was out shopping for clothes, Jude looked up at Sam. "All right, I have a question." She inquired. Sam looked down at her, tilting his head. "Go on." Jude let out a soft sigh.

   "Do you always have to be so close to me? I mean, it's like you're literally watching my every move!"

   "W-well... that is kind of my job, Ms. O'Neil. Remember that I am your bodyguard. I am to always make sure you're safe."

   "I know that!" She let out a frustrated sigh and looked down. "Do you just mind not standing too close?" She muttered. He nodded and took a step back. She smiled at him in gratitude and went on with her shopping.

   Some time later, sirens were heard from outside the store. Jude looked up from the journal in her hand out the window of the store. "What's going on?" She asked. Sam got closer, holding an arm in front of her. "Stay behind me." He said. Jude nodded and stood behind him, still on high alert. They listened for the sirens in anticipation; but realized that they didn't ring from police cars, ambulances, or fire trucks.

   They were the city warning sirens.

   A cashier hurried to the front door and locked them in, looking around with wide eyes. "Everyone remain calm, please! I'm sure everything will be sorted out soon." She tried reasoning as she saw most people panic. Jude looked up at Sam, worried. Sam looked back at her with a face of reassurance.

   Everyone looked out the windows upon hearing an inhumane growl. The cashier turned very slowly, jumping back when someone broke through and started ripping at her chest. She cried out in pain, screaming for help. But everyone was rooted to the ground, paralyzed by fear. Jude grabbed hold of Sam's arm. Sam looked at her and picked her up bridal style. "Everyone out the back!" Sam screamed. He began running with others following behind him. Sam looked back, eyes widening when he saw more people crawl in through the window. It was until then that he saw they weren't human. They were something, but definitely not human.

   He kept running until he made it to the car and placed her in the passenger's seat. Jude watched as he hurried to the driver's side and got in. "What the hell is going on?" She asked, looking at him with wide eyes. Sam glanced at her as he began driving. "Hell if I know." He muttered, looking back at the road. She looked at him for a few seconds, then turned head out the window. "This is insane." She whispered as she looked around at the outside.

   Several people were running away from the creatures. Some were being tailed really bad, others were ahead of them by several feet. But the creatures caught up anyway.

   Jude turned away, swallowing the lump in her throat. "This can't be happening." She muttered. Sam frowned and began going faster. "We have to get you home, now."