The Step-Dad. // h.s.

Haley's POV

"It's not fantastic, it's disgusting!" I laughed, as my best guy friend, Matt wiped the whipped cream off of his face, so he could see.

"Oh, so having your mom date a dude you don't even know about is disgusting?" He asked. "Hales, you don't even know the guy, give him a chance."

"Well, yeah, Matt, you know my mom, every man she has dated, is always in his twenties. Have you seen the last six?" I retorted back.

"No, I've seen three of the last six," He said, throwing m&ms at me. "Okay, so what about your birth dad, any idea on him yet?" He asked.

"No, I've tried so damn hard to get an answer out of her, and all she does is yell at me to go away, that I don't need him in my life." I mumbled, sucking a cherry off of it's stem.

"Babe, you know I'm sorry about you not having a real father figure, but maybe do you want me to talk to her?"

"Talk to who?" My mum said walking in, her current  boyfriend, following in behind her.

She dropped her keys in the dish on the island, and her purse next to it. Matt and I looked at each other before looking at her again. But I looked past her and say her boyfriend. He had curls everywhere, that looked to be like just a knotted big horrible mess. He wore a plaid button-down shirt, the looked okay on him, and black skinnys, with boots. Not bad, for a man who's dating a forty-five year old women.

"Uh, um, I think, I'll be going, and I'll see you tomorrow, Haley." Matt said, clearly stuttering, and left.

"First of all, look at the mess you made in my kitchen!" She screeched. "And second, love, meet Harry Styles." She said, disgust laced on her face as she took in the kitchen.

Matt and I had started to make Sundae's of some sort, and ended up having a food fight. I don't even know why we started, I mean, we had no banana's, so why try, maybe? I don't know.

"Mum, I'll clean it, so, chill, okay, now why is he here, you never bring them home unless you're getting married or you're going away on a business trip."

"Going away, for at least a year, maybe?"

"Woah, wait, a year?"

"Yes, Haley, a year, and don't you dare to through the whole 'it' thing again, I want some time with my daughter and husband before I have to leave, which by the way I leave tomorrow."

"'It' thing?" Harry asked.

"It's hard to explain," My mum shrugged.

"Not really," I mumbled.

___________

how was that, should I continue?