An Unexpected Trial

The group had settled themselves down in Denver, Colorado. It was a place where they could both enjoy the snow in the winter and the pool side in the summer. The fact that it was so close to the creatures’ place of business was also a bonus, though not a selling point. They were all content enough with the videos they watched from them, the stories they wrote about them, and the art they drew of them. The group had moved in together just outside the city, where there were no skyscrapers but there was certainly no lack of buildings. They’d furnished the place together, making it their own. They’d earn money for rent by getting whatever part-time jobs they could, usually ditching them a few weeks after. Before work - for whoever had it at the time - they’d always go to this coffee shop and just chat, going their different ways once finished.

The café they always went to was located five miles from where they lived; so, as in a way to get “active” (despite Sofia’s protests), they usually walked to the café, always messing around. Located in between two other buildings, this maroon colored café was medium sized on the inside, even though it appeared small on the outside. Right in the center of the small building was two large windows; each one being surrounded by small, dark blue window frame. Right by the left was the golden number “940”; it was, after all, part of the address of the building, so that part was obvious. Two doors were located on the very end of the left and the right side of the building; the door being colored blue with a golden knob. Both doors had fifteen small windows right in the center, thus making it simple for people walking by to see the delicious treats being made and the waitresses, who most guys would assume were “hot”. The large awning, which went from the left side of the building to the right, was the same blue as the door and the window frame. On the very top and front of the building were more windows; though, no one really knew why they were there. On top of that was the title of the café, which was called “The Trident Café”.

Today only Lethe and Sofia could make it, the rest not planning to get up for a few hours – save for JJ who’d stayed up all night.

“I’ve had more than enough coffee to outrun Usain Bolt, no thanks,” he’d said, clicking rapidly without his eyes breaking their gaze on his computer screen. Lethe had rolled her eyes, mumbling “nerd” causing Sofia to giggle. Once the pair had arrived they ordered the same drink they’d always ask for and sat in the same seats they did every other day, chatting the same as every other day.

It was their usual routine, so who could blame them for not expecting something new?

Ayyy nerds, here goes our first group work. We'll all be contributing to it - this part was mainly written by myself and Lethe with thoughts and comments from the rest of the nerds.

Hopefully we'll be getting cover art for this soon!

;3 -JJ