Chapter 21

Daniel pulls away, just slowly and not too far. He opens his eyes to look at me and smiles. I smile back at him, pressing my lips back against his. He smiles into the kiss as well. He pulls me back up, holding me as close as possible.

"Daniel?" I mumble against his lips. I am going to do something that I maybe shouldn't do, but I keep thinking about it and can't wait any longer.

"Hmm?" he asks, slowly pulling away from me again.

"I wrote a song, when you left" I start. That gets Daniel's full attention, as he pulls away even more now. He looks curious. I sigh and sit back down, him following me.

"Do you want me to sing it?" he nods, but says something else.

"Can I know what it's called and what it's about?" he asks. I nod and smile slightly.

"It's called Haunting and it's about you" I mumble, making Daniel's eyes widen. I take a deep breath, before I start singing the entire song.

"I was as pure as a river, but now I think I'm possessed.You put a fever inside me, and I've been cold since you left.

I've got a boyfriend now and he's made of gold. And you've got your own mistakes in a bed at home. I'm hoping you could safe me now but you break and fold. You've got a fire inside but your heart's so cold.

Cause I've done some things that I can't speak. And I've tried to wash you away but you just won't leave. So won't you take a breath and dive in deep. Cause I came here so you'd come for me.

I'm begging you to keep haunting. I'm begging you to keep haunting, me. I'm begging you to keep haunting. I know that you will keep haunting me.

We walk as tall as the skyline, And we have roots like the trees. But then your eyes start to wander. Cause they weren't looking at me, you weren't looking for me.

Cause I've done some things that I can't speak. And I've tried to wash you away, but you just won't leave. So won't you take a breath and dive in deep. Cause I came here so you'd come for me.

I'm begging you to keep haunting. I'm begging you to keep haunting, me. I'm begging you to keep haunting. I know you will keep haunting, me.

Cause I've done some things that I can't speak. And I've tried to wash you away but you just won't leave. So won't you take a breath and dive in deep. Cause I came here so you'd come for me.

I'm begging you to keep haunting. I'm begging you to keep haunting, me. I'm begging you to keep haunting. I know that you will keep haunting me." I finish the song and feel Daniel staring at me. I look down, my hands folded in my lap.

I feel Daniel's fingers push my chin up. He presses his lips against mine, kissing me with love and passion. I feel him smile against my lips. I do the same, smiling. When he pulls away, he grabs my hand.

"I never knew you felt that way about me, back then" Daniel says, looking at me. I just nod slowly.

"I also can't believe I never saw it, or that I never acted on my own feelings" Daniel says, making me look at him with my eyes a bit widened.

"What?" I ask him, unsure if I heard that right.

"I felt the same way, Sien. I just thought you saw me as your best friend. When I started dating Maya, it was to get you out of my head. I kept on thinking that you could've been the love of my life. Hell, you are the love of my life. I couldn't handle it, so I tried to get myself distracted, by Maya" Daniel tells me, his eyes stuck on mine.