Chapter 1 - Memories

A/N: WELCOME TO FANFIC NUMBER FOUR! This one focuses on none other than THE Zayn Malik!!!!! It's going to be a bit different but I hope you like it because I really excited for it! Enjoy chapter 1! :) xx

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - Memories

*Brianna's POV*

I walk out of the X Factor studio completely and utterly devastated. Tears roll down my cheeks as I pull my luggage behind me, making my way to the car that will take me to the airport.

Why? Why couldn't I have made it? I'm not good enough. That's the answer. I'm not good enough. I don't have what it takes. I thought I had talent, but obviously I was wrong. I wipe the tears from behind my glasses, but it's futile; more and more keep coming.

"Wait! Brianna Horan!" I turn around to see who called me.

"Y-Yes?"

"Um, the judges want to see you again." What? Why? I'm off the show. I failed. What more do they want?

I sigh and begin walking back to the studio. I meet up with about 8 other people who were also kicked off the show. Ok, what's going on here? Why are we all called back?

A producer comes out and calls us all on stage and sorts us into groups. I'm next to four lads. I've only ever talked to one of them. His name is Harry Styles. We met up at auditions and just became good friends quickly. He's trying to wipe away his tears with his beanie but gives up and puts it back on. The other three, I don't know. There's a brown-haired boy with a red beanie on who looks absolutely gutted. Another one has long, light brown hair, kind of resembling Justin Bieber. He is actually crying. Wait, isn't that the kid who's tried out twice? Poor guy. The last one has black hair and resembles a cute, baby opossum. He just looks disappointed in himself, kind of like me.

Harry and I gravitate towards each other, already being friends. There is a group of four other girls on the other side of the stage, all crying.

Soon the judges appear, or just a couple of them: Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh.

"I bet you're all wondering why you're here," Louis starts. No shit, Sherlock. Can't you just let me go home to cry? "We have a bit of good news for you lot," he adds. What good could he possibly tell me right now? My dreams have just been shattered.

"Louis, the other judges, and I talked it over. We decided we have a lot of talent that we don't want to lose..." Simon says. What? He's not really saying what I think, is he? "Look at the people by you...because they are the people you will be moving on in the competition with," he adds with a smirk.

Everyone on the stage lets out cheers of sheer happiness. I must've jumped 5 feet in the air. The boys around me pull me into a group hug as we cheer together. When we pull apart, I hug Harry even closer, I mean he is my friend.

"Listen, this is a life-line. You are going to need to work extra hard from now on. You need to give us all you got. Congratulations," Simon adds as we stand before him with our arms around each other. I can't believe this! I'm not out! I still have a chance! My dream can still come true!

Wait...there must be a mistake. I'm with four other boys. I mean, I'm a girl. I'm in a band with four boys? How can that be? Fuck it! I don't care as long as I still have a chance! We exit the stage to be met with our families. The first person I encounter is my twin brother, Niall. I jump on to him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm back in, Nialler! I'm back in!"

"I know, Bri! It's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" he gushes while spinning me around.