Back Off

<Kaito's POV>

There was an aching pain in my chest after he left me. I was overwhelmed with emotions, I didn't know whether to feel sad, or angry. Now a days I can never figure out what's going on in that mind of his. I only want to help and protect him, after all he's my only friend; does he not see that? I don't understand, maybe he doesn't need me anymore? Does he think I'm annoying? The more questions I thought of, the more answers I wanted to get; Kei can be so confusing at times.
"Kai."
"Kaiii?"
"KAI ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!"
I lifted my head up to see who was desperately calling my name. Only to find out it was just Takeshi.
"What are we doing to do about that girl in the back, his sister?"

"She can't be without medical help for too long, right now we should get her to a hospital so she could receive the medical attention  she needs." I said, monotone.
"True, she can't be here long, we also can't take her back." Takeshi responded.
'I wonder what Kei would do if he was here..' I thought, zoning out.
I zoned out until I heard Takeshi yelling my name again, which caused me to come back to reality; not in my safe world in my mind with Kei.
"You've been zoning out a lot, is it about Kei?" Takeshi asked.
"Yeah, I worry about him. I hope that he's protected." I responded to his question, truthfully.
"Hm. Your friend is an idio-"
"Don't even finish that sentence. He's not an idiot, he knows what he's doing, I'm sure." I said; I had gotten protective of Kai over the time of our friendship. After all, he was my only friend, of course I would be protective.
"Let's hope he knows what he's doing, okay?" Takeshi said while taking a drag of his cigarette.
"Mmh." I muttered but loud enough for Takeshi to hear me, I agreed with him, just as long as Kei is safe.
"Hey. We're out of gas." Takeshi said, annoyed.
"Uh, I don't know if we can, we're in prison outfits." I said, annoyed with the problem.
"We obviously can't take Nagai's sister out," Takeshi responded.
"We'll have to think of something."
"What's going on?" Nagai's sister had asked as she woke up from her nap.
"We're out of gas." Takeshi had said, responding to her question.
"Only if my brother didn't leave us. Hmph." She said annoyed.
"He would have been attacked, even with protection." I answered, as much as I like Nagai's sister, I feel like Kei matters more.
I just hope we can solve this problem with no one hurt.
Even if we're in the middle of no where on a road, with a car that's out of gas.