I didn't want to marry you but, if I get away from my parents, I'll even have your baby.

***********1 year later************

I was holding Gracie and stirring a pot of spaghetti.

The phone rang and I reached over to answer it. I propped it in between my ear and shoulder.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Alex?" my dad asked.

I froze. He hasn't talked to me in a few months.

"Alex?"

"I'm here." I said quietly.

"I was looking for Drew, is he around?"

I sighed. I should have known better than to think he wanted to talk to me. "No, he's not. I'll tell him you called."

"No, that's okay." a pause. "Listen, I know you have taken a lot of shit from me over the years and I just want to say I'm sorry."

"Took you long enough." I said and hung up the phone.

I shook my head and Gracie pulled on a lock of my hair. I looked at her and she put her forehead on mine.

She smiled and screamed happily. I smiled and put a lid on the noodles.

The phone rang again but I didn't answer it, instead I took Gracie outside.

The sun was setting but it was still light enough to be outside.

I let her play on the grass in front of me.

Maybe if my dad wasn't such a fuck ass I would maybe be able to forgive him. No probably not.

After all this time he wants to apologize now. He shouldn't have hit me in the first place.

A car drove up and a door shut.

"Gracie, daddy's here." I smiled.

She looked back at me and crawled to me.

I stood up. "Let's go honey." I walked back in the house and he was lifting the lid on the spaghetti pot.

"Hungry?" I smiled.

He looked up at me and he had a cut on his cheek. It had a piece of white tape over it but it was swelling.

"What happened?" I stepped closer and he turned his head away.

"Nothing." he mumbled and Gracie reached out to him.

"Tell me." I handed Gracie over to him and followed him as he went in the living room.

"You first." he sat on the couch and bounced Gracie on his knee.

"What?" I sat on the coffee table in front of him. "What are you talking about?"

"Why didn't you ever tell me about your dad?" he asked me. When I didn't say anything he raised his eyebrow.

I shrugged. "How did you find out." I looked away.

"Your mother told me." he pulled my face back to his.

"Who did that to you?" I pointed at his cheek.

"Don't change the subject." he said.

I sighed and closed my eyes. A few tears slipped down my cheeks. "I don't know. I wanted to tell you so many times but I couldn't."

"Why not?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know." I snapped. I cleared my throat. "Sorry." I said.

"You can tell me anything. You always could have." he rubbed his thumbs on my cheeks.

"I know." I whispered. "But it was hard, I still don't want to talk about it, can we just drop it?"

He nodded.

"Okay. Now what happened to your cheek?"

"I got in a fight and he hit me with a bottle." he looked down at Gracie and smiled at her.

"Who was it?" I pressed.

"Some guy, I don't know who he was. He started it though." he looked back at me. "Is dinner ready?"

"Don't change the subject." I mimicked him but stood up. "Yes, dinner is ready, you should know, you were looking at the food anyway."

He smiled and stood up.

We went in the kitchen and I took Gracie's clothes off except for her diaper and put her in her highchair. She is a very messy eater and spaghetti sauce stains.

Drew made a plate for the three of us and I fixed the drinks.

I set a Sippy cup on the tray in front of Gracie and cut up her food.

After dinner I gave Gracie a bath and wrapped her in a towel. We were on the second floor on the house and we passed my Drew's office. I stopped in the door and watched him.

He was reading of some papers and skimming them with his finger, naming of prices and confusing crap that only he would understand.

He looked up and smiled at us. The phone conversation ended and he came into the hallway with us.

Gracie yawned and put her head right under my chin.

Drew went with me and stood in the door while I dressed her in Dora pajamas and put her in her crib.

She was asleep in the next thirty seconds.

Drew wrapped his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder.

I yawned and closed my eyes.

"Tired?" he whispered.

I nodded. "The joys of parenthood." I smirked and turned around to kiss him.

He smiled into the kiss. "Damn, I love you."

I laughed quietly. "I would hope so."

******************************

END SCENE!!

lol i have always wanted to say that!!

i hope you enjoyed the story as much as i have!!

thank you to all my readers out there for making the story popular!!

love you all and i will miss all the messages and commens on the story!!

i am already working on a different story!! :O

i hope you people will like it as much as people liked this one!!