Chapter 2

"Nora can I have a word with you?" I heard my bosses voice come through my office phone as I looked at him through his cubicle window, a gulp going down my throat as I agreed. What now?

It's been three weeks since I interviewed The Tom Brady and two weeks since the article was released. I'll admit that I received hell for not asking those deflate gate questions, but the article was doing amazingly good and appearing on many different media sites, being printed in different magazines and making headlines for being one of the few interviews he agreed to do, so you could say I got away with it in the end.

Mark was looking over something on his computer as I walked in, closing the door behind me.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked, taking a seat and he looked up at me and smiled. "Yes yes. I have just gotten off the phone with Mr. Brady." My eyes lit up as I heard that name.

"Did he like the article?!" I yelled almost too loud as my boss waved his hand, calming me. "Calm down Nora! But actually, yes, he loved it. So much that he has agreed to my offer of another interview." I looked at him with wide eyes and curiosity, but also with confusion.

"That sounds amazing, but my only question is after doing one interview, why do one immediately again?" I asked and he smiled.

"That's what he said, so I decided to make it more interesting. This time, it will not be a written interview, it will be a video one that will be posted to our site and then other sites can pay to post it on theirs. It's a brilliant marketing idea!" I mean yeah, it was a brilliant marketing idea to make money, but I was still unsure of it all.

"Okay, but what questions?" I asked and he smiled again. This man had an answer for everything I swear. Politicians should come to him for world peace, he would have the answer.

"Well I assigned some of our interns to actually look through our comment sections on our online site and saw that a lot of people were interested to know more about Brady as a person and not a player, since it seemed that a lot of what he said was already known, they want to know what isn't known." Okay yeah that was brilliant.

"And he agreed to all of this?" I asked and he nodded.

"On one condition. That it is you conducting the interview." My mouth dropped, he wanted me to do his interview?

"Really?" I asked, wanting to hear it again.

"Yep. Said that you were one of the best interviewers he's ever had and wants you again. So you and Johnny will be traveling to Mr. Brady's house this Saturday." It was Wednesday today, dear Lord that wasn't far away. 

"This is an amazing opportunity for you career and our company, don't blow it Nora." He handed me a folder and Becky, his assistant, walked me out. 

Man if I wasn't nervous before, now I really was. 

Not only was I conducting a freaking video interview with Tom Brady, I was doing it in his home after being asked that I specifically do it. Not nerve-wracking at all. 

-----------

"What if you guys ended up having a one night stand?" Marie said and I smacked her arm.

"Marie that's not going to happen in a million years stop it." I said, as she just laughed before making  kissy face.

"C'mon it could happen! Sexy journalist and Tom Brady. That's a good porno in the making." I rolled my eyes as flipped through the television channels trying to find something to watch.

"What about you and your bae?" I asked, and she sighed looking at me.

"Don't even go there." She said and I just laughed.

"What if you and Julian Edelman ended up having a one night stand?" I mocked her and she mocked my laugh back at me.

"Oh ha ha. That won't ever happen. He probably only dates models or dancers." I sighed. "True, true. Same for Tom probably."

We finally settled on watching whatever Seinfeld episode was on. I don't know why we didn't just do that in the first place, it's what we always did in the end anyways. 

"Well, we can always hope right?" She asked and I laughed, hugging my pillow tight.

"Sure Marie."

But even though Seinfeld was on, all I could think about what how nervous I was going to be going into this interview. I hope it doesn't come over onto the video.

Who am I kidding, it probably will.