The Ridiculously Ambiguous Prophesy Takes Us West

Thalia told a hunter with ebony coloured dreadlocks that she was in command as lieutenant until she returned, then her Alister and I started to make our way through the woods to camp.

"I haven't formally introduced myself to you" Thalia stated, holding her hand out to Alister. "I'm Thalia."

Alister shook her hand.

"Alister Carson. Nice to meet you. You and your group of murder maidens seem pretty cool. No boys allowed?" He questioned running his hair through his light brown hair.

"Well, yeah that's sort of the point to the whole 'murder maiden' thing." She answered, then turned to me. "So what's prophesy?"

"Four half bloods shall travel west. Child of sea will face a final test. Things will change from what they were. Magical madness will occur." I said mundanely. I had repeated those words to myself hundreds of times since I heard them, and they still made no sense.

''So what does that mean? Where do we go?'' She questioned.

''We don't have the slightest clue.'' I said, exasperated.

''The amount of information the prophesy gives us is so huge we no clue what to do with ourselves.'' Alister gasped sarcastically.

Thalia gave the ground a distasteful look.

''We sort of thought a senior such as yourself would understand a bit better than us.'' I laughed gesturing to her.

''Ha ha, you're a comedian.'' She rolled her eyes. ''Let's just talk to Caprice and Chiron. They'll help us figure out where to go first.''

I was feeling kind of useless. I mean, this was my first quest I didn't want to ruin it, or hurt anyone, but I had no clue what to do, where to go, or what to look for. Having Thalia along for the quest was probably our best bet for survival, since she'd had experience in this sort of thing.

We continued to joke around as we walked. I was actually surprised by how easily Alister and Thalia clicked.

''Hey, did Xylee ever tell you about the time she created a sinkhole in a mall parking lot and fell in it?" Thalia leaned over, laughing slightly.

''No!'' Alister turned to me. ''How and why did you do that?''

I felt my face get slightly hot.

''One of my fathers powers. Earth shaker? I was like five. I got upset and lost control.''

''About what?"' He asked.

''She wanted a puppy.'' Thalia covered her mouthed and laughed.

Alister then joined in. I spent a lot of time trying to forget that day. It wasn't exactly my proudest moment. I was a handful as a kid.

''You guys are idiots.'' I shook my head and crossed my arms.

''But you love us anyway.'' She elbowed me hard in the ribs.

We reached the edge of the woods, and walked out. A few nymphs waved flirtatiously at Alister, which he looked pretty embarrassed about.

We made our way to the big house, walked in and knocked on Chiron's door.

Inside we heard the sound of hoofs on the floor and the door opened.

''Oh hello children, good to see you, Thalia.'' He welcomed warmly. ''Come in.''

We walked inside and saw Caprice sitting on a chair looking very distressed.

''Uh, hey, guys.'' She offered weakly. ''What's going on?"