The Flower and The Weed

Note: This is only One Shot Story. Hope you Like it.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Aurora had finished cutting the stems of the roses for display. She was alone again in the shop; her mother went to Ali b Rosena's house,  drowing herself with alcohol to kill an undisclosed sadness she chose to share with her good friend.  She had set the roses in the case by the window,  where she saw a bunch of dead baby's  breath by the windowsill.  Aurora breathed onto them,  and slowly the flowers came to live.  The girl jumped with surprise  as the shop's  bell suddenly rang.

A tall,  young man entered the place.  His face was like contoured marble,  and his eyes we're dark as night adorned with a gling of twinkling  star.  The girl couldn't  turn her gaze away from him , as if a God had come through the door.  The man looked at the different flowers, smelled their sweet scent and took a bunch of blue carnations in full bloom.  He handed the over to Aurora to wrap and lace with beautiful bow.  As she gave the flowers back to him,  the sudden touch of their fingers made her heartbeat dance to it's romantic melody.

"May I  know your name? " Aurora asked.

"Hidalgo" answered  the tall young man.

Their eyes we're fixed upon each other , and it made their heart beat even faster.  When they realized that their fingers we're almost locked together,  Hidalgo let go.  Embarrassed,  Aurora turned around and caressed the finger where the ghost of Hidalgo's touch lingered.  In an effort to break the silence,  he tapped Aurora's shoulder . She got startled,  as she was still trying to regain composure from the sudden touch from Hidalgo.  He apologized and asked what the name of the shop is.

"Vigen del Mundo." Aurora said.

"Is that your name? " Hidalgo asked.

Aurora shook her head and told him her name. 

"It's the name of the shop,  which was named after my mother.  She inherited it from my grandmother". She tilted her head towards the huge portrait on the side of the wall with a deep black curtain dropped over,  like  it was trying to hide something appalling.

"My mother told me never to open the cloth , or something might bad happen in this store" Aorora said while pointing that portrait.

"You mean like a curse? " Hidalgo asked.

Aurora shrugged . As a child , she never question why the portrait is covered with a black cloth.  Hidalgo raised a brow to the portrait on the wall and approached it.  His curiosity was teasing him to pull the cloth down.  In fluid motion , his hands stripped the veil from the frame and it revealed a beautiful woman whose eyes we're stricking shade of jade.  Auroa was shocked and turned pale with what Hidalgo had done. Not even once did she dare to take a peek through the curtains,  let alone take the whole veil off.  And noe,  a man whom she just met had done it for her.

"Wow,  she's —"

"Beautiful" Aurora finished.

The portrait was huge and the picture was still clear after all the year it was left untouched.  It's a golden plaque wasn't smudged with stain,  and that made her name visible still: Marideth Making -Long.  Two sets of numbers were emphasized below her name,  symbolizing the years of her legacy.  Aurora always wanted to know her grandmother looks like,  since she died before she was born.  Aling Rosena said that she resemble her grandmother greatly—something that her mother had always denied.  And now,  she is staring at her image,  glowing as if someone had shower her a handful of fairy dust.