CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN.

(Belle's Pov)

I was anxious. I was seconds away from jumping out from my seat and dashing out the door, just to go look for Sam. Any second now, he and Daniel would walk through that door. A little tingle flew inside my stomach, the corner of my lips curled into a weak smile.

It had been three days since I had last seen him and over the days, I had realized if Sam were to move from this prison - I would eventually lose it. Just imagine all those lonely days without him here. If I couldn't stand three days, I don't think I could stand any longer.

The twisting of the doorknob caught my attention. I almost screamed in excitement right then. I'd finally be able to see the man I love after so long. 

The door turned open and there he stood. His eyes glinting when landing on me. A silent gasp left my lips, as I stood up from the lounge-like chair in my office.

"Sam," I whispered, not hesitating to run to him. However, that's when Daniel stepped inside, hushing me, as well as placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face him with a frown and furrowed brows. I noticed him and Sam exchange a glance.

"W-What?" 

"Uh, nothing. Just be careful." He mumbled, sighing a little. I nodded, wanting to remove his hand from my shoulder and throw myself at Sam. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'll be back in two hours. That's the longest the meeting will last. I'll see you." He uttered, removing his hand from my shoulder, once again sharing a look with Sam.

"Thanks, man. You're great." Sam murmured, glancing back at him. He softly smiled, his eyes darting between us. As soon as the door closed, I looked at my Sam.

His hood was over his head as usual, his eyes focused on me with intensity.

"Sam," I sobbed, unable to hold it. His eyes glinted and he opened his arms. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him, placing my head on his shoulder, on my tip-toes. He wrapped his arms tightly around the low of my waist, a kiss being placed on my shoulder.

"I've missed you so much! And I was so worried about you, a-are you okay?" I pulled back to check over his face, holding it in my hand. He stared at me, the faint dimple of his poking out.

"What about you? Your hand?" His raspy voice questioned. I blushed, nodding my head at him.

"I'm fine. Daniel bandaged it up." I sighed, resting my head against his shoulder. It was then a lump formed in my throat. 

"I...I have so much to talk to you about and go over with." I whispered, closing my eyes and trying to hold back the emotional tears sitting in my eyes. He pulled my chin up, so I was facing him. His eyes were questioning as he peered down at me.

"What?" He uttered. I inhaled sharply, grabbing his hand and silently leading him over to the lounge-like chair that I secretly knew he was fond of. I made him sit down, before I went to join him. However, he pulled me down onto his lap, so I was straddling him. 

I weakly smiled at that.

"I don't know where to start," I sighed, glancing away from him. He wrapped his arm around my waist, while his other hand locked with mine. My eyes darted towards him, feeling a bubble of mixed emotions swell inside of me. 

"What is it, Precious? You're worrying me." He peered up at me with those hazel orbs of his. However, just as I was about to speak my thoughts, my eyes landed on the light red liquid soaking a line of his shirt. A gasp left my lips, making his eyes follow my gaze.

"W-What happened? W-Why are you bleeding?" I rushed out, the concern laced onto my words. I heard him curse quietly, grabbing a hold of my wrist, before I could let my hand explore his toned chest. My brows furrowed, as I stared back at him. His eyes held pain and hurt, making my heart clench.