High To Low

Coming home from our little shopping trip the two of us were in amazing moods. There was laughter throughout the whole ride home and I couldn't be happier spending this time with him. I don't think either of us could of imagined anything that could of brought the two of us down at any point soon. Of course though with logic put to that statement every high needs to have a low and pulling into the driveway I think we were met with ours. I guess our high was amazing as it lasted.

Sitting on the front porch of our house was my brother and Lidia. Lidia seemed completely oblivious to everything around her as he was jumping and stomping throughout fallen leaves that had cluttered our front yard over the past few days. 

Sean on the other hand was the complete opposite to his daughter as he was starring down at his hands and I could tell he had been crying from how red and irritated the skin under his eyes appeared to be. He looked up occasionally but only looking up to keep a eye on his child.

I all but jumped out of the car before Ricky even stopped the car in the driveway. I knew something was wrong and I couldn't wait any longer. We may just be in the process of reconnecting but he is still my brother. I didn't get to defend him when he was younger so I'm taking the chance to do so now. As I walked closer I took notice to the fact that Matt wasn't there.

I rushed over to his side and sat down on the porch step next to him. He didn't notice me at first as he was caught up in his own thoughts and when I placed my hand n his back in a comforting manner I felt him almost jump out of his skin from the shock of it.

"Are you okay?" I ask him once he had calmed back down. I feel like that was a stupid question to ask since he obliviously wasn't but how else could I of started this conversation with him? All he did was shake his head in response to my question. It looked like he was about to break down again at any moment and I don't think he wanted to do that in front of Lidia. He was staying strong right now for her.

"Uncle Devin!" I heard Lidia cheer, running over to me and jumping into my arms. I pulled her close to me, giving her a hug before I set her back down on the ground. Whatever happened she didn't see any of it. I wanted to keep her oblivious to this and I think Sean felt that way as well or he would of said more before.

Ricky must of gotten the car parked because he started making his way up to the drive way and over to us. He stop a bit taking in everything in front of him. 

"Hey what do you two say I take Lidia out for ice cream?" Rick ask, basically reading my mind by trying to get her out of here so I can figure out what's going on. I guess that is just another way we work together so seamlessly.

Lidia let out a excited shriek and looked to Sean, waiting to hear if he was going to let her go. I heard him laugh, which was strange in it's self in a moment like this. "Go on have fun." He said to her, trying to keep his voice sounding strong for her. 

She jumped up, giving him a hug goodbye before going off with Ricky. I know kids weren't really something either of us liked to deal with but he was doing this for me. 

"Let's go inside." I said to him before getting up after the car had pulled out of the driveway. Sean followed along behind me, taking a seat in the living room. I sat on the couch, placing my legs up on the cushion and he sat on the armed chair that faced my.

We sat in silence and it seemed like we were just waiting for the other person to say something. He should be the one to start but I guess he was having some issues with that. 

I let out a sigh, putting together what to say, trying to make sure I was being as sensitive towards the situation as I possible could. This wasn't something I tend to excel in but I guess I'm going to have to for try today.

"Okay look, I know it might not be easy to talk to me since we're just starting to become part of each others lives again but you came here so that has to count for something right now. Whatever had just happened to you I'm going to be here with you through this and Ricky will be too. He tends to be wherever I am and I know if this means something to me he will put his whole heart into this. All I really need to know first is what happened so I know how we can help." I said sincerely with a comforting smile. Every word that left my mouth was true and even though I was technically speaking for Ricky I knew it was true.

He let out a distress sigh, leaning forward with his head in his hands. He stayed silent for a little while longer and I let him do this, know he would tell me when he is ready. For his sake I really hope that is before Lidia and Ricky get back. Hopefully they take their time because this wasn't something that was going to go over quickly. 

He sat back looking up and me and I could see tears start to well in his eyes again. I think he was getting there right about now. I hope this isn't as bad as I'm thinking it is .