Pain

I was chilling with Jessica & the others at the local park, which was a blast!

"So what's up with Bella and Edward?" Mike asked

Everyone had stopped talking and looking at the two of us. I should have known that's why they asked me to come out with them.

"They're a couple now...well. They're in love. Who knows how long it will last. Might be forever." I shrugged

"And you're okay with that." said Tyler

"Yeah. I won't have to deal with her anymore. He will protect her." I shrugged

"Isn't that a bit rude." said Angela

I just shrugged and laid down looking up at the stars.

"Whatever. You can think what you want." I shrugged

It was getting late so I had to go home.

"Where are you going?" Eric asked

"Who knows." I said

"I didn't mean-" started Mike

"Whatever." I scoffed

I hopped on the bike, and sped home. It was around midnight when I got home. I was surprised that dad was still up.

I sat down next to him, and me being the one who cares about people who don't care about me. I asked him what was wrong.

He told me everything that had happened when Bella had gotten home. Everything she did and everything she said.

"I'm going after her." I said

"Artemis..." started Dad/Charlie

"She probably just needs someone to talk to. I'll make sure she gets home safe and unharmed." I promised him

I grabbed my bag and strapped it to my back. It was cold against my skin, but I didn't really care much.

I started the bike and took off down the road. I was tracking Bella, using her phone. But my instincts told me to track the tracker.

"If I wanted to get to my prey who is being guarded what would I do?" I mumbled

It didn't take me long to figure It out. Since Bella was in Phoenix, I knew where he would lure her too. There were only two places where that would be. Home. Or the ballet place. I never really liked it there.

I rode for the whole day and night until I got to Phoenix. I didn't rest, because I knew they didn't take stops or rested. Bella wouldn't be driving.

I did have to put gas into my bike, I was glad Rosalie let me have it. Or borrow it. My best guess was that Alice saw what I would do. The reason for that, I found a card tucked into the seat of the bike.

I filled it all the way and continued to drive. It was dark when I got to home, no one was there so I went to the ballet studio. Bingo. I ran into the building quickly and swung my bat at James. Of course he dodged it.

"Sorry. But I can't let you bite her. You seem like a pretty cool guy too." I sighed

"Why do you care about her? No one cares for you because of her." he said

I shrugged and held my bat out, standing in front of Bella.

"I think it's a twin thing. Now scram before I kill you." I threatened

He smirked and I was thrown into a wall. Which hurt. I held in the scream of pain. I got up and attacked him again. I had to protect Bella. No matter the cost.

I was leaning against the wall, he was hurting Bella. Luckily Edward had showed up, he quickly picked up Bella and tried to leave. But James had grabbed his leg and threw them to the ground.

I moved over to Bella. My body was screaming in pain. For me to stop. I had jumped on James back before he could bite Bella. I used all the strength I could and pulled his head away from her arm. It wasn't working, so I stuck my arm in his mouth before it went to Bella's. He kicked Bella away and spun me around.

I screamed in pain as he continued to drink my blood. My head was starting to hurt. He was ripped away after awhile. My head was throbbing.

I moved my head, Carlisle had came to me first. Edward was by Bella. Worry, Anger, Betrayal all etched into his face. I gasped out and pointed to Bella.

"Her...first..." I screamed out

Carlisle looked hesitant. But did once I glared at him.

"Go!!" I growled/hissed

I crawled over to a beam. I sat up and leaned against it. Jasper and Emmett were holding James still, as Alice had snapped his neck. I watched as they burned him.

There was a burning sensation in my arm, it was getting harder to hold in the pain. It was getting harder to see, so I pulled out my phone. Thankfully it wasn't broken. I sent a mass text to all of my contacts saying goodbye and that even though none of them would miss me or even cared. It was nice knowing them.

Right when I hit send, my phone was taken from my hands. I saw a blurry big figure, it's mouth went to my arm and bit. I screamed out in pain, it hurt. All of the pain that I held in came out at once.
________________
885 Words,

"You must be willing to make sacrifices at times, knowing that the outcome will be worth it."

- Justin Moore