Chapter ~ 11

"My breaking heart and I agree, that you and I could never be, so with my best...my very best, I set you free"  

― Rachel Yamagata

- Viv -

The calendar on the wall of my villa taunted me as I grabbed my beach bag to leave for breakfast.

Today was my last day.

It's scary to think how fast time goes when your having fun but the last few weeks of my holiday really did fly in.

If we weren't stuffing out faces with food, ice cream and beer we were jam packing our schedules with stuff to complete my list. In a nutshell, I never left the boys sight.

I took my time walking to the hotel breakfast buffet. It was where we went for breakfast every morning and I was usually dying to see what was in store for the day but today I wanted to think a bit further ahead than today. I wanted to think about what happens when I get home.

Framingham was a good four hours away from Holmes Chapel. Harry drove but won't he be busy with his work, won't he have to be in the studio or something. When will he have time for me? As much as I trusted Harry and loved him I couldn't help but feel like he just wanted a summer fling.

I guess I should be happy then shouldn't I.

I really wasn't though.

"Viviana!" Harry smiled as I was walked into the restaurant. I smiled back at him and pecked him on the cheek. His eyes always lit up when he saw me.

"How's everyone this morning?" I said sadly, noticing the gloomy feel to the group.

Everyone frowned at me.

"Today's our last day" Liam said "we have to be on a flight in less than five hours and we haven't packed"

"Hey don't be sad!" I warned pinching his cheek "This holiday has been amazing! We'll have such great memories, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me"

"Yeah" Niall perked up "and maybe next year the six of us could do it again you know, make another list?"

The boys laughed and smiled happily at each other. I smiled too but I wasn't happy, It was horrible to think that I wasn't going to be here next year.

I thought that the more we got into the list the more I'd forget about my stupid illness but it was always there, reminding me why we were doing all these fun things and how getting closer to them was only hurting them even more.

I liked to pretend though, it made me happy pretending that this was Harry and I's honeymoon and my only problem was deciding how many kids I wanted and when I wanted them. Then I'd feel that same lurch in my stomach and it would shoot me back to reality.

During breakfast I didn't talk much I just let the lads babble while I munched on my eggs and bacon.

When we were finished Harry leaned across and whispered in my ear

"Let's go for a walk yeah?"

I nodded nervously.

"Right lads were....uhm... going shopping so... Uhm... Yeah see ya's in a bit"

Harry took my hand and we walked towards the centre of the village.

"So this is our last day then..."

I looked up at him sadly. "Yeah, I guess it is"

"Viviana" Harry sighed and I waited for the blow "I really want this to work and I don't care what you say about distance and time but I've never felt so..connected to someone like the way I am with you and I promise I'll come visit you every weekend, you can come 

Up and visit me we'll Skype every night"

Tears began to well up in my eyes and the full force blow of guilt smacked me across the face.

"Harry I..." I chocked unable to say a word.

"No Viv don't say anything, this doesn't have to be that hard ok, we can get through this.."

"I'm sorry" I cut him right across knowing that this was the way things had to be "Harry I can't do this, I ... Think that this was only meant to be a fling, you have your career and I have my life I'm Framingham"

Harry looked at me shocked as I silently wept in front of him. I hated myself.

"Viv please" he voice was barely a whisper as a tear fell from his glassy green eye.

I leaned in to give him one last kiss and then I took his hand and smiled up at him. "Goodbye Harry, and thank you for everything"

I couldn't face looking at him again as I walked away and back towards the hotel, I didn't say goodbye to the boys even I just ran home, packed my things and left. I checked out far too early and got to the airport with hours to spare but I knew they would have there private jet and I could sit here alone and think. Think about spending my last few months with my family.

Because after all, I didn't need anyone else getting hurt. That was the last thing I needed, but one thing was on my mind. I wasn't able to keep the last promise to myself.

How will I keep this one?

A/N*