SM & Uno - Ambiversary

Happy first KRJ anniversary, everyone!! This was a tough time for a lot of AlDub fans last year, what with KS's controversial Jake arc, and for my friends and I, KRJ is what "saved" us. What started off as a joke to soothe our wounded AlDub hearts quickly took on a life of its own, and I'll always be grateful to KRJ for keeping us sane that week. But more than that, I'll always be grateful that because of this funny, big-hearted fictional character, I met my dearest Kanto pemily: @noodlesbychi, KebemammaWanderingMeekay and @fantasticmaine 💛

"Nay?"

"Yes, Uno?"

"What's a ambiversary po?"

"You mean an anniversary?"

"Yes, Nay. S'what I said. A ambiversary."

"Ahem. An ANNIVERSARY is a day when you remember a special occasion that happened in the past. You celebrate it every year. Like your birthday is a kind of anniversary—the anniversary of the day you were born. And today is your Tatay and I's wedding anniversary—the anniversary of the day we were married."

"Nay, was I borned yet when you was married?"

"No, sweetie, you weren't."

"Then can you make me kwento about your ambiversary when I was alleddy alive?"

"Uno, it's ANNIVERSARY and ALREADY."

"Yes, Nay. S'ackly what I'm saying. Ambiversary alleddy."

"Sigh. Well, you were nine months old when your Tatay and I celebrated our first anniversary after you were born..."

***CUE SOUND OF CHIMES AND SEPIA TONE TO SIGNIFY MEMORIES***

"Uno, baby, stop crying na, please. Huhuhu please, matulog ka na, anak. Your Tatay will be home any minute now. Please, baby. I just want ONE dinner with your dad, just the two of us on this special day. Tahan na, baby boy."

"Beb, nandito na ko!! Happy anniversary, Ma—Mahal? Anong nangyari? Bakit ka umiiyak? May sakit ba si Uno?"

"Oh, h-hi, Babe. I d-didn't hear you come in. N-no, he's not sick. He's j-just feeling a little f-fussy right now, t-that's all."

"Sigurado ka ba? Wala ba siyang lagnat? Baka masakit yung tiyan niya? Baka kelangan natin siyang dalhin sa ospital?"

"No, no, he's fine, I promise. He's just having a little trouble going to sleep."

"E bakit ka umiiyak?"

"B-because it's our anniversary."

"...okay...?"

"And wala lang. We just haven't really had a chance to have a proper date night since I had Uno, and I get it—we're still adjusting and this is what it's like for all new parents. But today is different, it's our anniversary, and I just wanted to do some special."

"Aw, Beb..."

"We usually go out for dinner, but I knew there was no way either of us were going to leave Uno, even with my parents, so I figured I'd just cook us a fancy meal here, but then I let the chicken burn while changing Uno's diaper, and the pasta is way overcooked, and...and...and everything's just ruineeed..."

"Shhh, Beb. Tama na yan..."

"And I didn't even get you a present! I meant to last week when I went to the mall for new clothes for Uno—he's already outgrowing his infant clothes!!—but then I got distracted while looking at baby beddings—they were on sale—and besides, I know our budget is kind of tight right now what with all these new baby expenses, so I wouldn't have been able to get you anything good anyway..."

"Susmaryosep, Beb. Tama na yan. Makinig ka sa akin. Wala kasing kaso yan, Beb. Ang importante eh magkasama nating ice-celebrate tong araw na to ng buo tayong pamilya. Di ko kelangan ng pang payb star hotel na dinner o mamahaling regalo. Kayo lang ni Uno, sapat na, may sukli pang sampu. Makita ko lang mga mukha niyo, ramdam ko na gaano kong kamahal ng Diyos at biniyayaan niya ko ng isang katulad mong magmamahal sakin ng walang pag-aalinlangan. Mahal kita. Mahal ko tong pamilya natin. All in ako por layp, Beb. Por yu, por me, poreber. Peksman."

"Aw, Babe. You're the sweetest. I love you so much."

"Aylabyusomatstu, Beb."

"Beb."

"Oh, my God!! Did you hear that??"

"Jusko, tama ba yung nairinig ko??"

"Beb."

"Oh, my God, Uno, did you just say your first word??"

"Beb."

"Wahaha tama nga!! Susmaryosep, anak. Manang mana ka talaga sa akin."

"Ugh, of all the words he could've said first...but it's okay. I hope he does take after you, Babe. You really are the best. Happy anniversary, my love."

"Happy anniversary, Beb."

***CUT BACK TO THE PRESENT***

"And then what happened next, Nay?"

"And then Nanay and Tatay kissed, and you finally went to sleep, and we ordered Jollibee for dinner."

"And then I bet you had s—"

"UNO!!"

"Secret time."

"Huh? What's secret time?"

"Bibi said when you and Tatay make tago under the blanket, you're telling secrets because she hears you say shhh RJ, wag ka ngang makulit, baka marinig tayo ng mga bata. How come you won't tell us your secrets, Nay? Is it a sumprise?"

"AHEM. I think that's enough storytelling for today. Let's go find your Tatay and sister—"

"NAYNAY!! KUYA!! GUSTO NIYO BA NG PISHBOL EN SKIDBOL?? ANDITO NA SI MANG ERNING, BIBILI KAMI NI TAYTAY!!"

"Jusko Beatrice, lower your voice. We're coming. Halika na, Kuya Uno."

"Yes, Nay. Thank you for telling me all about a ambiversary, Nay. Nay?"

"Yes, Uno?"

"Come to tinkompick, napansin niyo po ba na medyo bulol si Bibi?"