No Regrets

Niall's Point of View

*flashback*

"Stop it Logan! Enough is enough! I'm through with everything!" Those words were a bad idea. "Come on guys! Back me up!" Instead of backing me up, they backed up when Logan glared into their souls.

"You really shouldn't have done that Nialler. All you had to do was wait and drive away," his voice rose, "with us! What if we got caught!"

"You would have gone to jail and I would be free from you!" I was just asking for it but at this point it doesn't matter. I'm going to die anyway. I'm close enough to the edge and all it would take is one push. "I'm tired of it. Just leave me alone, please Logan." I begged him.

He paused for a moment. Maybe he was actually thinking about it. Logan walked closer to me; so close I could smell his gross, cigarette smelling breath. "What did I tell you about calling me Logan?"

"I don't care! I'm done!" Logan went to push me and I moved quickly out of the way. Without thinking I pushed him as hard as I could.....right over the edge.

"God Niall! What did you do?" My lips flared.

"Something I--something we should have done a long time ago." We all looked over the edge and saw Logan....Jumper, face up. Even though it was dark blood was streaming from his head. He was dead, I was free."

*end of flashback*

I looked at Ada after I finished my story and she looked like she was going to faint. I've never seen her so pale.

"Say something, please say something." She wouldn't make eye contact with me but I couldn't lie. If she asked me if I regret it, I'd say no. If she asked me if I enjoyed it, I'd say yes. Finally she spoke up,

"Did anyone find out?"

"No, and the guys were happy as well. We all kept our mouths shut and went home. Our parents didn't know we were out to begin with."

"How did they not find out?"

"Logan had taken some money from the bank and it was stuffed in his pockets so they found out he was the one who stole the money from the bank. They came to the conclusion that when he was running away he jumped. It sounds ridiculous but it worked."

"How did you end up here?"

"My parents decided I didn't need to stay here so they sent me away. Obviously they care and love for me but living with my uncle--the pastor--would 'be good for me'. That's what my dad thought at least."

I tried to move a strand of hair from her face but she moved away. I think I'll just wait for her to speak. I've done enough for one night. After at least five minutes of waiting I stood up.

"I guess I'll just get going then. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"Wait Niall!" I looked at her, I'm so happy those words came out of her mouth. She tried to smile,

"I'm proud of you for standing up to him. I don't think you meant to....to kill him." Yes I did. "But you're safe now. And you're with me." She hugged me and I wrapped my hands around her in shock. She's okay with this?

"You don't think I'm a monster."

"No! That douche was a monster. You did what you had to do. He turned you in to something you didn't want to be. You were forced to do terrible things."

I smiled, "I'm trying to be the person I was before all of that happened. I think you'll like that version of me better"

"I know you are." She caressed my face, "and I think you're doing amazing."

Niall's Point of View

I got home and sat on my bed after taking a hot shower. She actually is okay with this; with me. Ada doesn't hate me. I think if she gave me a bad reaction I'd lose it. She'd probably end up with Harry again. No, she wouldn't do that. She loves me. She wouldn't go back to him just because she hated me. I ran my towel through my hair and hear my phone.

ding, ding, ding

"Hey, man."

"You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, and you?"

"Okay, I just wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah go ahead." Harry and I were becoming friends. That's so weird.

"Do you care if I'm friends with Ada? I mean like friends where I talk to her on the phone and stuff?" I didn't need to think about it,

"I don't know why'd you ask me that lad. 'Course you can and you don't need my permission." I laughed and he took a breath into the phone but I know that wasn't the end of the conversation. "What else?"

"I need to ask you something." He was beginning to scare me again, "are you and Ada having sex?" Okay now that was something he shouldn't ask me.

"Why? Harry I don't think that's your business."

"Shit, yeah, I'm sorry. I just thought I heard something the other night and uh....yeah." I couldn't decided if I should tell him. It's not his business but if we're going to be friends we'll eventually be talking about it. It seems that's all Louis and Zayn talk about.

"We are. We are having sex, but only a few times." I didn't need to justify myself but I almost feel bad.

"Oh." He tried not to sound upset.

"Look, I'm going to find someone for you. Everything will work out. I'm sorry about this whole thing but I told you that I love her." Dammit, those were the wrong words. "I mean I like her."

He laughed this time but I could definitely tell he was upset, "Yeah, well when you find that girl for me let me know. It's late, I should get to sleep."

"See you tomorrow at practice?"

"Yeah." And the conversation was over.