Kamari Rashaun Valentine

————————

"I'm so proud of you." Farrah looked at me as we walked through the mall, hand in hand. I had met up with her in Ann Arbor after she had finished her classes. This week went pretty smoothly after we had came to an agreement that I needed to go to rehab. I was also enjoying being away from basketball for just a minute, and spending time with her. I wasn't sure if I would be back this season, but I knew I'd be healthy enough for next season.

Letting go of her hand, I put my arm around her neck. "For what?"

"You're doing good, even without rehab right now. I think I've had something to do with that, but I won't talk all the credit." She smirked at me, and leaned into my embrace. "But, I'm just happy that you're getting better. I'm really going to miss you. I don't think I can do a month without you."

She poked her lips out, and I kissed them making her blush. "You'll be good baby. You get to see me every weekend or every other weekend. I'm gonna miss you too, though. A month without sex is a killer."

Farrah hit my arm, unable to contain her laughter. "We need a break from that anyway. This will test our relationship."

"We'll pass, fasho." She nodded in agreement and stopped in front of Sephora. She looked at me with those puppy dog eyes that I couldn't say no to. I sighed, and rolled my eyes. "Go on."

"Yay!" She giggled, pulling me inside with her. I knew we would be in here for a while. "You like this?" She held up a lipstick, and I nodded.

"What color is that?"

She read the label. "It's reddish-pink, but its called Diva. Christian Louboutin."

"Hmm, I think it'll look good in you. It looks like a bold color so I guess you can pop it on when you get really bold.. if you know what I mean." I winked.

"You so.. ugh." She playfully rolled her eyes and put it back on the shelf. "No, sir. Let's go to the men's section and find you some beard balm."

I rubbed my beard. "You don't like the one I got at home."

She shook her head. "No." I smacked my lips and glared at her. "Apparently your beard don't like it either, you stay scratching."

"I'll probably shave it all off." I shrugged.

Farrah lifted her brow up. "I wish you the fuck would, Kamari Rashaun." She picked up a container, and read it. I chuckled lowly to myself. Looking around the store, it was pretty empty and I was thankful. I just hope that I wasn't famous enough for someone to recognize me. So far, so good. "Mm, this smells good." She held up the container to my nose, and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright, we'll get this for you. Now, I can shop without feeling so bad." She sighed in relief. "Card." She held out her hand and batted her eyelashes.

"Wow. I'm more than my dick and money, Farrah."

"Boy." She smacked her lips. "That's all you good for. That's all you niggas good for. Be humble." She said, trying to keep a straight face. "Hand me the damn card, Kamari."

"Who you talkin' to?" I folded my arms.

Her face contorted into sadness. "Nobody baby I just want the card." She whined and formed fake tears in her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her spoiled ass, and took out my wallet. I handed her the card and her face went from sadness to happiness. "Thank you boo boo. You're the best daddy." She pecked my lips and left me standing there to raid the store.