Style

"Where we going?"

Savannah's voice rang out a few minutes after they left the house from the backseat of Jace's Range Rover, where she was securely fastened into a car seat between Austin and Ryan.

"To the suit store," Austin replied, tapping the four year old's nose with his finger to make her giggle and smiling widely when his mission was accomplished.

"How come?" she asked, a smile still stretching her lips as she tilted her head to the side.

They had never taken her to a fitting before, so it made sense that she was curious. Generally, they tried to switch out their fittings to happen while someone was babysitting, but between rehearsals for the award show at which they were performing and generally committing to their father and uncle duties, they hadn't managed to squeeze it in. So, upon realizing that they had a quickly approaching deadline, they had asked to stop by the store after hours for all of them to do their fitting and brought Savannah along.

"Because your uncles and I have to go to this fancy event where we need to look pretty and we don't have any clothes to wear," Jace replied, his gaze momentarily meeting his daughter's in the rearview mirror.

"Oh," she said, staying silent for a moment, contemplating this new information before her eyes lit with joy. "Can I look pretty and go too!"

All of their eyebrows lifted in surprise. They had never taken Savannah to a red carpet event before because they'd always thought that the lights and cameras and people would be a little overwhelming for her, but if she was showing a genuine interest in it, Jace didn't see why she couldn't attend.

"Sure!" Ryan responded, his eyes flicking to Jace to confirm that this was the right answer. "That means we need to find you something to wear. What do you wanna wear?"

She pursed her lips as she mentally went through her options before calling out, "A sparkly dress!"

That was roughly where Jace had assumed the conversation was going to go and although he adored seeing his daughter so excited, it was also a cause for stress. Mostly because it meant they had to go buy her a dress. The four of them could barely dress themselves, much less a four year old girl.

"Do you know any little girl dress stores?" Austin leaned forward to whisper over the center console.

Liam rolled his eyes and settled back into the passenger seat. "I'm pretty sure they're just called stores, Austin."

Sending a glare in the drummer's direction, Austin returned his attention to his favorite niece and smiled warmly. "We're gonna find you the sparkliest dress there is."

"Yay!" Savannah cheered, clapping her hands together excitedly as Jace parked the car in front of the suit shop, the only store still open on the street.

Ryan unbuckled Savannah from her seat, sliding out of the car before turning to help her out and set her on the ground. One hand held by one of her uncles, she was swung across the sidewalk towards the shop's front door, her soft giggles echoing down the empty street until she stepped inside and smiled widely up at the store's flustered manager.

"Hello," Savannah grinned, not at all intimated by the large man's large moustache. Being around her six foot plus father and uncles all the time meant she was used to being the smallest person in most rooms. "I like your fuzzy lip."

Ryan and Austin snorted, but Jace was horrified as he leaned down to scoop his daughter into his arms and whisper into her ear. "Sav, that's called a moustache."

Knowing that the man's bewilderment needed to be resolved, Liam stepped forward and clapped his hands together. "I believe you have some suits to show us?"