chapter 1 how it all started

(characters look like the picture above just more viking like and jack wears the outfit above two pictures are not mine)

                          Narration
On the night of the raid a few days before Dragon training was to start for the young teenagers of the village. Hiccup a scrawny unusual Viking girl shot down a night fury the offspring of lightning and death itself causing it to crash into the forest. Wounding its tail fin making it so the young Dragon wouldn't be able to fly for a while.

Hiccups P.O.V

I whooped with joy as I heard the bola collide with the devil beast and the faint sound of wood cracking as it crashed into the forest. "Hiccup Haddock the third what in Thor's name are you doing out here" my fathers voice boomed out. "Well ya know killing dragons and doin' viking things since I am a viking ya know". I stammered out to my father. "Hiccup stop fooling around and go home you've caused enough trouble as it is". My father, Stoick the vast, said scolding me. Sighing I lowered my head walking off in the direction of my house. Once out of sight in the safety of my home I got out my notebook with a small map of berk in it and a charcoal pencil and started out towards the forest doing my best to stay in the shadows. Avoiding getting noticed by vikings and dragons alike.

3 hours later

      After hours of searching through most of the forest, I marked down another 'x' and closed my notebook. Sighing I started to wander avoiding rocks and tree roots with little difficulty, seeing as I've been exploring this forest since I was 5, just as I started apprenticing with Gobber, a hulking meathead of a blacksmith. I've spent most of my free time in this forest drawing, and studying the different plant and animal life, while hiding from my bullies. Otherwise known as the other teenagers on the island Snotlout my cousin and the twins Ruffnut and her brother Tuffnut were my main tormentors, while Astrid and Fishlegs usually just ignored me.

   I pushed a low hanging branch out of my way, but when I let it go it flew back and smacked me in the face. "Oww" I said coming to my senses. I looked around following the trail of turned up dirt and broken trees with my eyes until they landed on a heap of  black scales and multiple lengths of rope attached to weighted black balls.

   I ran up to the heap looking for signs of life. It's chest area started moving up and down indicating that the creature was still alive. The beasts body started to struggle in an attempt to escape as it woke up. I walked towards it slowly holding my dagger out in a shakey hand. I stopped standing firmly in front of the beast my dagger raised above my head prepared to make the death blow. "I can do this, I can kill this devil beast I am a viking" I said to myself. Trying to convince myself more than anything. I took a deep breath aiming my dagger for the creatures neck, and made the mistake of looking my prey in the eyes. Because when I looked down into his acidic green eyes what I saw made me cringe this dragon was no beast or monster I was he was just terrified and doing what he had to, to live while I was coming up and trying to kill him in his most vulnerable state. I dropped to my knees staring into the eyes of this dragon infront of me and slowly I started to reach out. Causing the dragon to growl. "Oh I'm so sorry I did this to you" I said starting to tear up. I reached my hand out again my head down and eyes closed. Suddenly a hard, smooth, and scaly surface bumped up against my hand. I raised my head quickly looking at the dragon with his now large cubed pupils, but as soon as our eyes met he pulled away growling.

   I quickly grabbed my dagger and started working on removing the ropes covering the dragon. As soon as I was finished the dragon got up roared into my face and ran off. I noticed right before he disappeared, and I passed out, his left tail fin was bleeding and slightly teared making it so the poor dragon wouldn't be able to fly or do just about anything for himself.

      I made my decision at that moment that tomorrow when I got free time, and when I woke up, I would come looking for him to make sure he was okay.

>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<>¤<
Hello author person here I just wanted to tell you peeps that I'm not going to have a proper updating schedule but I will try to update at least once every two weeks :D