chapter 2 dragon training

Hiccups P.O.V.

   Hours later I walked off from the dragon's crash site back towards my home dreading the upcoming encounter with my father.

Stoicks P.O.V

   "What am I goin' to do with that girl Gobber" I asked my closest friend as we walked from the meeting at the great hall where I had just used my daughter as a way to get almost all of the adult warriors to go on the upcoming  trip to find the dragon's nest before winter sets in. "Well why don't cha put the little lassy in dragon training Stoick," Gobber said shocking me from the thought of even letting my weak daughter near an axe or sword. "Gobber have you lost your mind that girl is weak as a wee babe she wouldn't be able to even hold up a shield for protection!" I said trying to get through to his common sense. "Ah yes bout that the girl is much stronger than you think". "Why would you say that you muttonhead you spend almost all your time with her in that forge of yours, you see just about every day how weak she is when she's messing around with the weapons". "Ah, that's not quite true". "What do you mean," I said stopping our progress towards my house. "Well, when Hiccup thinks I'm not looking or I'm not around she handles the weapons and shields as easily as if they were daggers". "Why would she hide this from the rest of the village". "That's something you'd have to ask her not me". Gobber said then walked off in the direction of his house. I just shook my head and walked to my door I went through and sat in my chair waiting for Hiccup to come home from where ever she's been all day.

    About ten minutes later the door opened signalling Hiccups return. "Hiccup come here daughter". "Uhh, hey, dad what do ya need," she asked seeming nervous. "I need to speak with you". "Funny you would say that I need to speak with you too".  "I've decided to let you start I've decided I don't want to kill dragons, dragon training". I stopped staring confused at my daughter. "Oh sorry, you go first". "No no you go first, dad". "Well I've been discussing it with Gobber and we have decided to put you in dragon training with the other teens while I'm off searching for the dragon nest". "Oh I should have gone first I really should have gone first cause ya see I've been thinking and there are lots of dragon killing Vikings but not enough bread baking Vikings or small home repair Vikings," she said not looking me in the eyes. "Nonsense girl, of course, you want to be a dragon killing viking it's in your blood now dragon training starts tomorrow" I bellowed out not liking where this was heading. "Dad I don think you understand I don't want to kill dragons". "Of course you do girl now here take my ax". "No dad I can't kill a dragon". "But you will kill dragons now, here take me ax," I said handing over my sharp blade and watched as she seemed to carry it like a normal Viking then in a split second let her limbs go weak. "Now when you carry this ax you carry the whole of the Viking population with you so you speak like us, walk like us, and even eat like us," I said getting up and about to head to my room. "Good night child sleep well tonight because tomorrow your training starts". I said then walked into my room and closed the door.

Hiccups P.O.V.

   "Ugh, " I groaned swinging the ax onto my shoulders with no difficulty seeing as I've been working with heavy weapons since I was only 5. "Oh, what am I going to do". I grumbled to myself walking up the stairs to my room. Walking in I set the ax on the floor next to the wall then flopped onto my bed and drifted off to sleep.

The next day

   I woke up before the sun rose over the sea. I got up putting on my normal outfit of a simple green tunic, brown leggings, dark brown leather boots with fur on the inside and around the edge of the openings, and an old fur vest that my father gave me when I was younger.

  I silently slipped from my warm home already heading to the kill ring to get familiar with my surroundings so I would hopefully survive my first day. After a few hours, I finally reached my destination, seeing as I took the scenic root and just enjoyed the walk, and the sun was starting to rise. I walked around the edge of the kill ring noting good places to hide after about an hour of studying the rink I sat down in the shadows at the entrance with a stick in hand and started doodling.