Chapter I: Ice

You furiously pulled on your doorknob but it didn't budge. Of course, it was your fault you lost the damn keys to the front door again. Your phone was locked inside, and it was the middle of the night, so you just decided to suck it up and make the trek to the coffee shop in the freezing weather. You knew you shouldn't be out alone this late, so you start kicking up pieces of ice on the sidewalk to distract your mind. The sound of ice clinking calmed you until you realized you had stopped kicking the ice for five minutes now. You quickly turned around but no one was there. You sped up, and almost ran, as you were almost to the shop. "WAIT!!!", you heard a voice call behind you. You knew you should have kept walking but you took a quick glance behind you, and you stopped. He looked kind enough, and you looked up cautiously.
"I really didn't mean to scare you, I'm so sorry. But why are you out here with no jacket it's freezing?", he said.
You were scared but you couldn't help but notice he was quite good looking.
You stood there in shock and mumbled "I locked myself out of my house....", and immediately after thought about how idiotic it was to tell a stranger that.
But he just laughed and said "Were you heading to get some coffee? Care to join me?" You felt so conflicted on what to do, but you gave in and agreed. He seemed nice enough? You started walking with him when you felt a warmth around you. You turned your head to find him placing his jacket on your shoulders. "Now you're going to be cold", you chuckled. He smiled and winked at you.
"My name's Taron by the way".