Chapter IX: Apology

After explaining the ordeal to Colin and after Colin triple checked that you were uninjured, he sent you into another room so he and Taron could speak privately. Even though the door was closed you could hear Colin yelling at Taron about putting both you and Kingsman in danger. You were filled with guilt and blinked back your pathetic tears as you realized all of this was your fault. You almost killed Taron and caused a highway gun fight, and if you had never come into Taron's life none of this would have happened. You felt a breeze through the open door, and you thought about how if you just walked out, all of these problems you caused Taron would disappear. You glanced back at the door of the room they were still yelling in and decided to make your exit. You laid Taron's jacket (yes, you still had it from the first night you met), which was still soaking wet from the car crash, on the chair you were sitting in and walked softly towards the exit.
"Where are you going?", Taron called out as you were closing the door behind you.
You sighed and turned around and answered, "Taron, no matter how much you try to keep me here, I can't stay. I've caused you so many problems, and I care for you, I really do. That's why I'm leaving".
"We'll work this out, please", Taron begged as he held the door so you couldn't close it, "I know it's crazy and insane, but please. It's not safe for you now!"
"Taron, I almost died!", you exclaimed, "You almost died! This is insane! I-I can't put all these people in danger. There were guns, Taron! Guns! People got shot, we drove off a cliff! I just can't do this anymore. I'm NOT a part of this whole Kingsman thing, and I don't want to be".
Taron reached out to you and said, "You don't understand. I can't leave you on your own. You're not safe. You ha-"
"You're right, I don't understand!", you exclaimed, "Just pretend none of this happened, it's better for both of us".
You looked into his eyes, and as the adrenaline from your anger died down, you had to look away because all you could see was the hurt in his eyes.
"What about that night in the coffee shop?", Taron asked softly, his voice breaking a little, "Forget all the Kingsman stuff. What about us? Does none of that matter to you? Do I not matter?".
All you wanted to do was run into his arms. Even if staying there was unsafe, you would be safe in that moment with him. But you turned away from him.
"Goodbye, Taron", you said as you walked away, tears threatening to spill.

Taron stormed back into the house and threw a shattering punch at one of his glass display cases while shouting in frustration. Colin hurried out of the room to see what all the commotion was, but upon seeing the open door, the jacket you left behind, and Taron holding his bleeding hand, he pieced together what happened and decided not to aggravate Taron. Colin walked over to the door to close and lock it, handed Taron a clean cloth, and headed back into the room to speak about matters with Merlin. Taron wrapped his hand, and watched the blood stain the clean white red. After composing himself, he unlocked the door and left it open a crack. Even though it was hopeless, he hoped maybe you would take a chance and come back.