Chapter 3

Katerina POV
Grandma was giving Mia a lesson on manners whist I was reading a book on Genovian customs.
I look up when I hear that we are going into a different room.
"Genovia does a lot of trade with Spain so we prepare for that. The quickest way to a Spanish heart is Dance" says Grandma
Joe leads Mia into the middle of the dance floor and asks "what time of dancing do you typically do?"
"Uhh just normal dancing you know like uhhh" says Mia whilst doing strange dance moves.
I look away to hide the smile on my face as Mia dances like a Chicken.
I look over at Grandma to see her smiling at the two.
I hear Mia mention something about a 'wango' and I loose it.
I burst out laughing and Mia looks and me and jokingly glares and ask "Well why don't you give it a try"
I place my book on the table and walk over to Joe.
He offers me his hand and we dance.
I look over at Mia and poke my tounge out at her and she fake pouts.
"Good girls its coming along, now you may go" Grandma says smiling
"Thank you" Mia says and rushes out whilst I say "See you tomorrow" and walk out.

Time skip

After Class the next day I arrive at Grandma's house and her, Charlotte and I wait for Mia.

20 minutes later Mia comes sliding in.
"Your late" Grandma states
"I know I'm really sorry about it-" Mia gets cut off
"And where is Paulo?" asks Grandma
"Send in Paulo" says Charlotte
A balding, slightly large man wearing black comes through the doors.

"Ahh always prompt" says Grandma
"Regina mére, bonjoúrno, my assistants Gretchen" he says pointing toward the blonde "and Helga" He points at the brunette.
"Good afternoon" says Grandma "we are so pleased that you could make yourself available to be here"

"Your majesty" Paulo bows and kissed Grandma's hand over and over again.
I scrunch up my face while grandma pulls her hand away and says "we won't waste time, let the work begin"

"Ahh of course, where is the beautiful girls" he asks

Grandma directs him towards Mia and I, "My granddaughters Mia and Katerina"
He looks at Mia and screams before saying "She is gorgeous"
He then looks at me and says "and she is beautiful"
"Now lets take a closer look" he directs Mia to a chair.
"Paulo we have a limited number of days before the state dinner" says Grandma
"Busy, busy, dizzy in the best sense" Paulo says
Grandma ask his ladies to sign a confidentiality letter.
"Excuse me your majesty the Genovian press secretary is waiting for your call" says Charlotte
"Ohh yes of course, well I am afraid I am going to have to leave and come back and be suprised" says Grandma
Mia and I both look at each other with worried looks.

Paulo gets me to lay down on a chair whilst one of his ladies is doing my toenails the other is doing my finger nails.

I have earphones in until there done and they do my hair and makeup.

They sit Mia and I in chairs except mine was facing backwards as Grandma comes back in

"Majesty Paulo is exhausted because only Paulo can take this and this and turn it into" Paulo starts
"A princess" his ladies finish

"Majesty Paulo is exhausted because only Paulo can take this and this and turn it into" Paulo starts "A princess" his ladies finish