IMAGINE: John giving you a promise ring

| IMAGINE for @dovey0929 |

     You're walking home from school one afternoon, the January air nipping at your skin. You pull your coat more tightly around you and quicken your pace.

     "Hey." John Bender, your rebellious boyfriend, says, jogging up to you.

      "Hey." You breathe.

     "You cold?" He asks. You almost stop to look at him, but you realize that not moving would only make your colder.

      "To be honest, John, I'm surprised icicles aren't hanging from my runny nose." You sniff.

     John grins at you and throws his arm around your shoulder, pulling you close to him. "Well maybe I have something for you that will warm you up." He states.

     You peer at him curiously. "Yes?" You question. John stuffs his hand into his pocket and pulls out a small box.

     "What's that?" You ask, your heart nearly stopping.

     "Open it up." He presses. You finally stop walking and then open the box. There's a ring inside with a tiny opal stone on it.

      John puts his hands on your shoulders. "It's a promise ring." He states. You look up at him, smiling. "A promise to let you know that I will always love you and I will always be here for you no matter what." He adds, smiling.

      Tears burn in your eyes. "I love it." You whisper. John pulls you into his arms and kisses you soundly. You smile, suddenly not very cold anymore.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!